Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bugging Out Of The UK
11 July 2015, 12:14,
RE: Bugging Out Of The UK
Norway,very easy even in the tiniest Tupperware yacht.A 4 year old kid could do it.
Suburban neighbours= stranger- danger.
12 July 2015, 09:33,
I have traveled to most of this planet and a great deal of it is a third World shit hole, I will stay in England thank you.
12 July 2015, 09:57,
(12 July 2015, 09:33)Tartar Horde Wrote: I have traveled to most of this planet and a great deal of it is a third World shit hole, I will stay in England thank you.

Well said TH, and that goes for a lot of Europe too I think, 2 places I wouldn't want to be today are Greece and Calais for obvious reasons. nope, i'll stay in my rural backwater thank you very much.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 July 2015, 17:51,
It used to be humorous that no one here could read an original post and keep a thread on track for more than three posts.

Now is simply pitiful.

The original post had no option of staying in GB.

GB has become the third world shit hole. You have to leave.

This has been repeated over and over through the thread.

The obvious truth, based on the reaction to the OP, is that most here would rather be dead in GB than alive anywhere else in the world. Even though that is not surviving, many people can understand your desire to be buried near your ancestors.

However, how can one accept "survival advice" from a group that really does not want to survive if their habitat becomes untreatable and they have to go somewhere else.

I also find thus amazing from a group that is so focused on "bugging out" as soon as they feel the first urge to wet their pants.

Perhaps the OP should have been a bit more specific and acceptable and stated that you are absolutely forced to bug out and you can not stop until you have traveled a straight line distance of 2000 miles.
12 July 2015, 18:45, (This post was last modified: 12 July 2015, 18:51 by Midnitemo.)
I think I would rather be dead than a fugee oversea's... well spotted Mort

i'll say it again I would leave(maybe) if the UK was the only victim of this event and life was untenable here for instance virus/poisoning or irradiation other than that then no....I feel I stand a better chance of making out here where I'm comfortable and I understand the game.

Mort do you have an oversea's contingency?
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
12 July 2015, 19:07,
I bet it,s Scotland MB !....Wales is full at present....first choice for people in the know see butty.
12 July 2015, 19:18,
(12 July 2015, 18:45)Midnitemo Wrote: Mort do you have an oversea's contingency?

I have two that are at least one country removed but could be accessed by either land or water. We are not an island so land access is possible to both north and south. Those have been set up for 2 decades.

I was a missionary in both countries back in the 1980s and had plenty of time in country to work things out. I still return to those places on holiday every few years.

They are both what has been referred to as "third world shit holes", but that also means they will be relatively unaffected when other nations become third world shit holes.

Third world shit holes are not a bad place to be when carrying first world money. You just have to learn to squat to take a crap and carry your own bog roll.

And BTW there are English speaking enclaves in almost every nation on earth, although blending in with the locals is safer that remaining separate and making yourself a target.

I also have a standing invitation from relatives in Canada. I can be inside Canada in 6 hours normal driving time. I would not wish to go north due to weather concerns, but I would.

One must also remember that the size of the U.S. is greater than GB and I have children 300 miles distant and immediate family scattered from 25-5000 miles across the nation and most would be glad to see me arrive.

Reading through this thread has reminded me of the TV show we get here on BBC called "An Idiot Abroad" with a whiney guy named Carl being tortured by differences in culture and change at every turn.
12 July 2015, 20:59,
Cool options Mort and I understand about people in the third world not having as far to fall but the biggest stumbling block for us in the UK is we are an island with some pretty unfriendly sea's around us...I have some boat handling skill's and I don't fancy it! we also have no third world shit holes to strike out to....all our immediate neighbours have had there arses kicked by us at one time or another and aren't our greatest fans.
12 July 2015, 22:29,
France? nope, they hate us , Netherland's and Belgium? they don't hate us but there not called the low countries for nothing so I expect them to get a bit soggy when the power goes off so that's a nope! Germany? just nope! scandanavia? too cold/unforgiving nope! Eire need I answer this? nope then.....so were going to need an epic voyage a big flight or a combination.... I can't leave my job and jump a plane or ship everytime the world looks a bit hookey , I'd need to be definite sure by which time it would most likely be too late to jump on said boat/plane.....guess I'm hunkering down and toughing it out in good old blighty thenSmile