Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kill Your Phone
8 July 2015, 19:32,
RE: Kill Your Phone
A couple of years back we had two terrorist that set off two bombs in Boston MA. They eluded police for several days until they took a hostage, who escaped, but not before turning on his cell phone and hiding it in the back seat of their car.

The police tracked the phone and sent one of the men to meet his 72 virgins, then captured the other.

Hooraa for GPS tracking devices!

If you folks are still using flip phones, treating them as substitutes for land lines, and only talking occasionally there is a whole new world out there.

I seldom talk on my phone, however, I use it to navigate, view maps, send text, check weather reports and maps, watch movies and TV send pics of the grandchildren, calculate ballistics for my firearms, keep schedules and alert me to planed events and dates and occasionally to wake me up in the morning or remind me that time is closing in on a meeting.

The benefits far out weigh the paranoia, at least in my case, and if I ever have to block the phone I will pull the battery and chuck it into the microwave. Then all I need worry about is the GPS system on my vehicles ad the CCTV network on the traffic grid!

TPTB know where I live, I pay taxes on the place for God's sake! They know what vehicles I drive and what boats I float, if they desire they can click a button and find out where I go camping, where I shop, what I bought for supper last night (it was fried chicken), what clubs I belong too and what I say on every forum on the internet.

Why would they care anything about what any of you are doing? Your bows and arrows and three tins of beans are of no interest to anyone but possibly the 6 people still on this forum.

You are severely over=rating your threat to society.
8 July 2015, 21:24,
(8 July 2015, 19:32)Mortblanc Wrote: Your bows and arrows and three tins of beans are of no interest to anyone.....

So true.
8 July 2015, 22:11,
Does my six tins of corned beef alter the equation ?
9 July 2015, 08:50,
Does my 5 cases of Harveys Bristol Cream count ?
9 July 2015, 14:50,
I guess the 17 illegal immigrants I have digging out my basement survival bunker aren't of any interest either...
9 July 2015, 17:49,
Not a worry to them in the slightest.

That is the work you do not want to do and you can not afford a dyed in the wool British laborer to do, if you could find one willing.

There are temp agencies in your land and mine that have thousands of illegals on their payrolls and they go about with no concern from anyone. We have a whole separate underground economy that makes up a huge segment of our GNP. I know people that constantly gripe about the illegal immigrant situation but have not done their own garden work for 20 years because they hire an illegal to work for them.

And no one intends to close off the border and stop this madness. They say it is impossible even though China built their wall, Hadrian built his wall, Stalin built a very effective one during my lifetime. Our leaders claim it is too expensive, inefficient and intimidating. The last news report I heard was a group that opposed a wall on the border because someone might fall from it and hurt themselves while trying to climb it.

In the U.S. we are at the point where about 5%-10% of our population is here illegally. It is considered impolite to ask ones status.

No they do not care about your 17 Bulgarians digging in the basement unless you violate their human rights or call them bad names.
9 July 2015, 22:47,
on tues/wends I was delivering around the kent coast and my phone comp texed me saying welcome to france and offered me euro phone and tex deals.
Survive the jive (youtube )
10 July 2015, 07:12,
I used to get connected to French Telecom when fishing on the Kent coast, I think it was via the channel ferries from Ramsgate.
11 July 2015, 01:43,
Does my 5 cases of Harveys Bristol Cream count?

River Song,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWXVgDewwdI

JP ;-)
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
11 July 2015, 03:52,
Your Harvey's is safe, Love, but if it were Single Malt, it should be protected in an underground bunker surrounded by command detonated Claymoor mines, with motion detector backup, to avoid tragedy!

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA