Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just for fun scenario
17 July 2015, 11:19,
RE: Just for fun scenario
(17 July 2015, 10:43)Steve Wrote:
(17 July 2015, 07:55)bigpaul Wrote: as a final comment, I think instead of talking about martial law which has never been enforced in the UK, you need to think about "that" bad council estate, the "lumpunts" and the "breeders", the houses with 3 generations who have never worked a day in their lives, the ones with the "its my right" attitude, I have always said its not the event that will kill you its the actions of others(that will).

Those people are a tiny proportion of the population, we only think of them because the media continually focus on them in an attempt to give us hate figures and make us feel superior.

there is more of them than you might think, every year there are more and more of them, just do a bit of "people watching" next time your in a city or large town, they seem to be multiplying. these are the ones you'll have to watch post event not the military or the cops.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
17 July 2015, 21:47,
(17 July 2015, 11:19)bigpaul Wrote:
(17 July 2015, 10:43)Steve Wrote:
(17 July 2015, 07:55)bigpaul Wrote: as a final comment, I think instead of talking about martial law which has never been enforced in the UK, you need to think about "that" bad council estate, the "lumpunts" and the "breeders", the houses with 3 generations who have never worked a day in their lives, the ones with the "its my right" attitude, I have always said its not the event that will kill you its the actions of others(that will).

Those people are a tiny proportion of the population, we only think of them because the media continually focus on them in an attempt to give us hate figures and make us feel superior.

there is more of them than you might think, every year there are more and more of them, just do a bit of "people watching" next time your in a city or large town, they seem to be multiplying. these are the ones you'll have to watch post event not the military or the cops.

I really don't see that many around down here BP. Maybe I'm just a snob and don't go to the places they are. But having lived in Warrington and spending a lot of time in Manchester and Liverpool city centre, not loads over there. They're mainly in the scummy areas, in my experience. But their benefits are not openly available like they used to be.

But to be fair, the scenario was just for fun. It was not meant as a real thing, just a thought exercise. So there's no need to worry about Martial Law and all that.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
18 July 2015, 11:02,
yes, and I added my thoughts Scythe. I think, in fact I know, in a SHTF event we'll have more to concern us about the actions of our fellow citizens than anything the Government might do...with regard to the government its more likely to be "too little-too late".
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.