Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And…you just got fired! Now what?
20 July 2015, 10:54,
RE: And…you just got fired! Now what?
I've got the equivelant of 1 months salary saved up & once it's gone then I'm screwed (it's hard saving up with debts to pay & kids to feed). Fortunately I've no worries doing work deemed as beneath some people. I've cleaned public toilets before & I'll happily do it again. Fast food places seem to be constantly recruiting, as do the local supermarkets. I'd sign up for as many employment agencies as possible. If it means I'm earning cash for my family, I'll do pretty much anything.
20 July 2015, 11:45,
why not get a skill.....

your in work.....pay for a skill.

fork lift

hgv .

computer stuff

theirs loads , don't just be a min wage slave get a skill while you can.
Survive the jive (youtube )
20 July 2015, 12:05,
I've done self employed gardening for 4 years & also done a plastering course last year (quite a good standard, but not to the standard where I can charge people just yet). I'm also looking at a tiling course, but I'd rather use any free cash just now to reduce my debt payments. If I can clear my debts & switch my monthly direct debits (2 x car insurance, home insurance, breakdown cover etc..) to an annual single payment, it'll be the same as giving myself an almost £500 a month pay rise.

I do agree though, get a recognised skill & you'll never be out of work.
29 July 2015, 08:27,
Living through this one at the moment. Only had 3 weeks work since April... Bit bullet last week and went to sign on ?

We've been surviving on food stores, spare cash and income from shifting some of my nicer, less used camping gear. Not been ideal, as I took all of April and half of May off work after getting married, so bank balance was already depleted. Still got a few grands worth of gear here though, so not panicking yet. Just enjoying my extended holiday. And looking for a suitable job close to home.
29 July 2015, 08:41,
if you've got a marketable skill go self employed.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
29 July 2015, 10:05,
I am self employed! Have my own Ltd company. Just no work around. Government may have protected front line NHS staff, but to make savings they're culling the contractors. Fair enough, we are an expensive resource. Happens every few years, in a few months there will be a mass rush to hire contractors when the back office stuff goes tits up. I'm actually on the hunt for a permanent job now. Outside of the NHS. 75% cut in wages, but I suppose £30k isn't that bad until things pick up again.
29 July 2015, 17:16,
I don't think I have ever been fired but I was made redundant 3 times-twice like BM at the end of contracts, that's why my last job was as a self employed garden contractor..a job I thoroughly enjoyed, thankfully employment is not something I have to worry about these days.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.