Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scenario - BSE/Foot & Mouth, round 2
17 July 2015, 23:02,
Scenario - BSE/Foot & Mouth, round 2
How would you subsidise the meat in your diet if another outbreak of BSE or Foot and Mouth, was to sweep the nation. But this time, it was detected late. So nearly all meat products were taken off the shelves.

For extra fun, there's a swathe of bird flu or something like that, which is striking chicken off the menu too.

What would you do to keep your protein intake high enough?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
18 July 2015, 09:02,
RE: Scenario - BSE/Foot & Mouth, round 2
I suspect TPTB would just import more meat.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
18 July 2015, 10:02,
my diet is mainly chicken and fish....for protein , I could get by on fish and nuts till things sort themselves out.

but as bp said we would import meat , plenty out their for a rich western country.
Survive the jive (youtube )
18 July 2015, 11:24,
(18 July 2015, 10:02)Sunna Wrote: my diet is mainly chicken and fish....for protein , I could get by on fish and nuts till things sort themselves out.

but as bp said we would import meat , plenty out their for a rich western country.

With a high fish diet, be careful of the levels of mercury. Can build up and be dangerous for you.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
18 July 2015, 16:46,
<SMUG MODE = ON > I suppose I could dip into the 200kg of mutton I still have in the freezers, assuming TPTB have confiscated my pigs. <SMUG MODE = OFF >

;-)
18 July 2015, 18:17,
Fish, eggs, beans, cheese, whatever wild game I could gather.

My last growth spurt was a long time ago and a lot of folks live with no animal protein so this should be a minor issue except for taste and personal preferences.

If you are a meat and potatoes sort you better get over it.

Look back to what your parents and grandparents did back during the war when you got about a pound of meat rationed weekly per person.
18 July 2015, 20:34,
I would go to fish....seems obvious enough ....but so would every man and his dog.
18 July 2015, 20:47,
I'd dip into my stash of peanut butter...
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
18 July 2015, 23:46, (This post was last modified: 18 July 2015, 23:49 by Tarrel.)
Eggs from the chickens, plus the odd deer from the woodland and rabbits from the neighbouring field.

Here's the protein content of various foods. Plenty of alternatives to meat:

http://www.howmuchprotein.com/foods/
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
18 July 2015, 23:50, (This post was last modified: 18 July 2015, 23:51 by Mortblanc.)
(18 July 2015, 20:34)Straight Shooter Wrote: I would go to fish....seems obvious enough ....but so would every man and his dog.

Fishing, even simple fishing, is a skill set that not a lot of folks in GB possess from what I have gathered.

Some here have been asking for help in this area of late (nothing wrong with that at all) but it does show some preppers are still on the learning curve for fishing.

How many "non preppers" would even have gear to fish with, even the simplest hook, line, and sinker rig.

If fishing gear in not in your preps you are SOL, and therefore if you have no preps...

And some would be scare of fishing due to the pollution mentioned before, even if it were just rumor and not a problem in your area.