Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Tent
25 July 2015, 18:35, (This post was last modified: 25 July 2015, 18:36 by Mortblanc.)
New Tent
I don't know about you folks but I get covered up with sale flyers and catalogues from camping and outdoor companies in the post.

I usually glance at them and throw them out since they pile up and make a quick mess if one does not.

Occasionally I find a good deal.

A couple of weeks ago I got a deal on a new tent that was just what I had been looking for, something I could stand up when inside, had few poles and was light enough for my old bones to carry back and forth to the vehicle.

I am way past the bug out tarp or one man backpack deal, so there is no sense in kidding myself, and room for 6 should be about right for me. This one is for car camping, which makes up 125% of my camping activity.

$200 marked down to $100, which was a good price for this unit. However, this particular company many times offers free shipping, so I have been waiting.

Today I got an e-mail offering an additional $20 off and the free shipping, so I made the plunge.

I got my 9'x11'x6' tent for $80US and free shipping.

Here is a picture with the old price.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/i...?a=1858194
25 July 2015, 20:19,
RE: New Tent
Looks good.....I have a stand up tent a bit like this one but smaller, 2 berth bedroom with a glazed porch of equal size to the bedroom...my partner finds it very undignified crouching/crawling and stooping whilst camping and I must say being able to stand to dress is a blessing....geodesic's rule but I have got a hankering after a vango force 10 xl in green(retro)[/b]
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
25 July 2015, 20:50,
I bought one of those tents that fold out and puts itself up, i have had it for two years and not tried it yet......six berth job.
26 July 2015, 08:31,
I have never found the need to shell out on a new tent, I hate dome tents with a vengeance, I still have my old Blacks backpacking ridge tent from 1979.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 July 2015, 09:02,
When I win the lotto, I'm going for an oztent, well you you've gotta dream sometimes.
26 July 2015, 09:06,
(26 July 2015, 09:02)T-oddity Wrote: When I win the lotto, I'm going for an oztent, well you you've gotta dream sometimes.

when I win the lotto, its a YURT or maybe a (Genuine) Tipi for me.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 July 2015, 09:16,
When I win the lotto and get my oztent BP you can have my tipi.
26 July 2015, 09:47,
(26 July 2015, 09:16)T-oddity Wrote: When I win the lotto and get my oztent BP you can have my tipi.

OK....ideal!
26 July 2015, 09:56,
Okay TO what about my log cabin ? lol
26 July 2015, 13:46,
Not got one of those SS, but I could loan you an axe!