Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Operation Temperer.
26 July 2015, 21:15,
RE: Operation Temperer.
Nobody gets 5000 troops deployed and that is 2500 at any one time. There are usually three or four shifts and then there are some stragglers. If they are all deployed for a one or two day stint then maybe 2000 at one time but anything over a few days will mean less than 1000 tops at any one time. Key installations such as Power Stations, Military Sites and Political targets only and you can bet that if you keep away from these places you won't see anyone.

There just isn't enough of them 5000 may sound a lot but it really isn't when you consider that there are more than double that on the watched list.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
26 July 2015, 21:53,
There was a force set up in the 80's for this very need called the home service force made up of mainly ex regulars who would deploy to protect key instalations in times of emergency, the units were attached to parent units for admin purposes , they were disbanded in the mid 90's as a cost cutting exercise....regular or TA troops will now have fulfil this role....I'm surprised it's considered a secret(I believe the HSF was about 5000 in number at its height)
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
27 July 2015, 07:37,
i'm assuming that everyone has done a check in their area to see what govt buildings and "key installations"(if any) there are in your location, once you know that you can decide how this would affect you, or not. I think its going to be the likes of London, obviously, and maybe places like Birmingham, Manchester and Newcastle, also anywhere that has a permanent army presence...like Woolwich where Lee Rigby was stationed.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
27 July 2015, 11:34,
Done mine. Two biggies. One will need lots to protect and I can't see that being protected as well as it should with 5000.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
27 July 2015, 16:24,
Yes I don't think it will be too hard, too move round the perimeter of these positions, like SD points out when you start working out, shifts and alike and the biggest threat could be vehicle check points if your moving round in vehicles, if not persons on foot will get stopped less, and you only have too be concerned if you are carrying anything illegal, or being confiscated like firearms or radio gear, if it's being confiscated etc !!!o
27 July 2015, 22:19,
That comes to roughly one soldier for every 11,200 people in GB.
28 July 2015, 07:22,
With 64+ million people in the UK, 5,000 are not going to accomplish much nationwide, but if they concentrate their efforts in key locations it will affect SOME people very much, like around the Westminster "bubble" which after all is TPTB "power base".
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 July 2015, 18:57,
But you fellows are acting as if 5,000 is all they have!

This is 5,000 in use for the test run and in response to a sudden attack.

This is practice to see how difficult it might be to activate whatever part of the "forces" are needed at some latter date.
29 July 2015, 08:33,
the current (as of today) total troop numbers stand at 82,000, not much to police a population of 64 million(and rising daily) is it?
29 July 2015, 11:24,
Yes, but that's before they recruit an additional 5x as many "trusties" or whatever you want to call them. Individuals off the street who could be rewarded with food, sex, trinkets (or whatever floats their boats) for being put in a uniform and told what to do.

My worry with martial law would be the potential for requisitioning preps, cash, gold, etc which would render preppers no better off than the majority. Makes sense to divide one's preps into two; a small "discoverable" amount plus the real, non-discoverable stocks.
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.