Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Operation Temperer.
29 July 2015, 16:20,
RE: Operation Temperer.
The way things are now I'd be happy with a hundred armed squaddies put in place at the mouth of the channel tunnel.
Seems the refugees (ffs) have worked out there is a way into Britain without getting wet.

WHB
29 July 2015, 16:52,
I don't think talking chavs off the street to "help" out is going to work, "doing what their told" is a contradiction in terms.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 July 2015, 07:19,
To be honest counting present numbers of troops or police is a bit pointless, in a major situation the country would most likely go to a war footing, and you would see the numbers rise rapidly through call up of reservists, colour reserve or even the creation of local militia.
30 July 2015, 07:44,
there are a lot of ex forces still on the reserve list(mandatory)takes a small act of parliament to recall them, could possibly double our standing forces in a matter of month's , I reckon 5,000 to 10,000 would be easily doable inside a month.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
30 July 2015, 08:08,
still wouldn't double the numbers, no way.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
30 July 2015, 11:49,
with current and recent past turn over of personnel I wouldn't be surprised if there were in excess of 100,000 men/women on the reserve list and eligible for recall
30 July 2015, 12:57,
eligible maybe but as we know not all will report for duty especially if their own families security is threatened.
30 July 2015, 13:02,
very very serious offence not reporting....you better be sure its the end of the world if you're going to ignore the MoD as Colchester Glasshouse is as close to hell on earth as it gets for a squaddie.
30 July 2015, 13:07,
Irrespective of what numbers of troops Britain can field on our streets I see an agenda being slowly worked by our beloved Overlords.
I'ts just my personal opinion but I believe that the constant cutting of our military numbers is a direct attempt to neuter the power of a single nation military whereby it needs the backing of military from the pan-European military. This, should I be right, would be a fear weapon in the arsenal of those vile political voices that will threaten us via threats of how weak we will be without our EU membership.
The enemy is truly within the gates and sitting in Westminster.
What I can glean from the folk from other European countries I speak with is that this military culling is systematic throughout all EU countries thereby pointing to the idea that an all encompassing EU without option is already a done deal.
I am willing to bet that we shall see further cuts to our military thus making us even more dependant on other nations which bring with it even more possible draconian problems.

WHB
30 July 2015, 13:09,
well it would have to be the end wouldn't it if it was martial law? depends on the event as always but I think many military and police will make sure their own family is ok before they turn their backs on them and report for duty. anyway I still think its a problem for anyone living in a big city, not for someone out in the sticks.