Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could you carry out?
3 August 2015, 07:12,
RE: Could you carry out?
Went through and put a plan in place for the family as far as escaping a fire in the house some time ago, this is a good reminder for me to do a re-run through and reminder, so thanks for that Scythe. not really considered what action to take if we have an unconscious casualty, not something we have practiced up to now, but intend to do now.
As far as smaller members of the family moving larger bodies, adrenalin can certainly have an effect, but not something to rely on.

Some may be interested in this technique for dealing with and moving an unconscious casualty!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPSNAqhzvTY
3 August 2015, 18:09,
This thread makes me glad I live alone!

If I find an unconscious body inside my burning home it's probably the SOB that set the house on fire.

Leave him where he lays and in the words of DR. Sheldon Cooper;

"Screw him he was weak"
3 August 2015, 19:59,
Well, if nothing else this thread actually got me checking our fire extinguisher Off down to get a couple more tomorrow for upstairs.

Just as a matter of interest, does anyone have one of those escape ladders?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
3 August 2015, 21:31, (This post was last modified: 3 August 2015, 21:32 by Mortblanc.)
I had one many years ago when I was an apartment dweller.

My son was a teen at that time and did not feel secure sleeping upstairs without an escape route.

I got one of the chain ladders that hook over the window still.

We never had to use it but it was sturdy enough to have confidence in it, yet could be kept in a dresser drawer or box in the closet.

Has everyone checked their smoke detectors lately?
4 August 2015, 07:36,
our smoke alarms are hard wired.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.