Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SHTF while you're on holiday
10 August 2015, 07:52,
RE: SHTF while you're on holiday
if SHTF whilst your on holiday, just get to the channel tunnel or the ferry ports and show your passport!! simples.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 August 2015, 02:56,
While I do not anticipate being in Paris I do travel a good deal, camping and exploring miles from home.

It is not unusual for me to drive 500-1000 miles on camping trips and I do think about how I would get home if things went goofy while I am gone.

Most of my anticipated problems are due to the motorway system over here cutting directly through most of the major cities where rioting could spill over, block traffic, and cause unforeseeable problems. Our rioters often take their hostilities out on drivers.

I usually try to have an alternate route which would avoid built up areas, but I would still have to deal with funnel spots like bridges over major rivers, and we have many large rivers over here.

On one of my long expeditions a walk home might take 30-60 days, cross a half dozen rivers 1/2 mile wide and cross a couple of mountain ranges.

I would like to thank you Brits for the fine Doc Martin boots I depend on while planning for these possible situations.

I also thank Remington for my shotgun, Smith and Wesson for my pistol, Victorinox for my knife and Dinty Moore for their fine beef stew.
13 August 2015, 08:41,
when we do go away its usually into Somerset(next county for our American cousins), this usually involves a round journey of 200 miles +, up to now we have skirted the top edge of Taunton but the last time we came back due to roadworks and being school holidays it was nose to tail for several miles so am now mapping an alternative route for our next trip which bypasses Taunton entirely and goes across the Blackdown Hills instead.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.