Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sagging
11 August 2015, 21:29,
RE: Sagging
No need for worry, I did use both terms in the OP as they are both interchangeable over here, with proper use based on context.

But you already knew that.
11 August 2015, 23:12,
Chill MB just having some fun is all.....UK style pal.
12 August 2015, 16:35,
I know,

Just wanted you to know that I have not switched sides.

At any rate, the BRACES were delivered and are being put to use. As I stated, they hook directly to the belt rather than the pants and they are working quite satisfactorily.

I think that a pair of these should be included in long term preps. They would be of great assistance in utilizing odd sized clothing in an emergency. No matter how big the trousers you can simply hook on the braces and wear them. Might be a real help for women wearing mens' over sized garb.
12 August 2015, 17:10,
Come on MB, you know the rules, time for a photo...... Big Grin

Instead of Monster Munch you'll have to show a Twinkie Bar!
12 August 2015, 18:22,
I am not wearing them today so I will set up for a photo tomorrow when I will have them on.

I wear some old school gear for daily wear. Bib overalls. They are the most comfortable garb ever devised by man, have huge pockets and all kinds of room for carrying stuff. Pockets in front, pockets in back, pockets on the chest and spaces for pencil, pocket knife, hammer loop and slot pocket on the right leg. There are also riveted buttons on the side so you can hang your Mora knife by the buttonhole in the sheath.

http://www.dickies.com/mens-clothing/men...3696502468
12 August 2015, 23:54,
Brown bib overalls and a barn coat by Carhart is known as a "Texas Tuxedo". Stetsen, cowboy boots and string tie makes it formal evening attire.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
13 August 2015, 07:02,
I am of the opinion that everyone should own a pair of bibs. They are durable, roomy, so comfortable you want to sleep in them and there is no belt to cut you half in two at the waist.

And the more stuff you drop into the pockets the better you like those straps.

They are the ideal scavenger wear. Just hang that hatchet from the hammer loop, grab your shotgun and wrecking bar and head for the burnt out ruins!
13 August 2015, 07:28,
I'm with Mort, the "Bib and Brace" is very practical. Don't forget that you could quickly be losing weight, so those braces will be much more comfortable than having your trousers bunched up under a belt.
13 August 2015, 20:05,
The more i think about this, the better i like it, i wear a carpenters apron most of the time along with a tool belt...going to geet me some of those bracer's............along with a new bib n brace .
14 August 2015, 04:05,
Be advised that if you buy these denim wonders, they are made from old style un-shrunk denim. You have to buy them several sizes too big and wash them a couple of times so they will "draw up" and if you guessed right they will come close to a good fit. If they don't, who cares, they're overalls!

When I say buy big I am not talking one size. These things shrink like crazy.

I wear a 38", but with overalls a 42" is required and a 44" feels so good I just go ahead and buy a 46"