Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alert: Iran Crisis Headed for World War III
10 January 2012, 15:48,
RE: Alert: Iran Crisis Headed for World War III
(10 January 2012, 15:21)mikebratcher69 Wrote: Like I say I post for your perusal, nobody says you have to take it as gospel, praise the lord etc... I certainly dont, But I'll say it again I post for people that may not keep up with current events, so read it absorb it and make your own mind up...Big Grin

I need someone like Mike to keep me up to date on these things. I'm all day in the office. What you don't see if that I'm also writing reports and playing around with numbers on what I predict the customer base I'm generating will be spending with us this year. I'm multi-tasking.......poorly haha.

As far as I'm concerned Mike could post about mutant hippo's with lazer guns. I'd have a quick scan of whatever link he has posted, then I'd have to go from there.

Even if it is an 'insignificant' event for some people, I don't have enough 'spare time' to watch TV, listen to the news, or read a news paper. Fun with work! So these news updates cause Mike to get much thanks for what he does.

Like this one =======> Thanks Mike
10 January 2012, 16:54,
(10 January 2012, 15:21)mikebratcher69 Wrote: Like I say I post for your perusal, nobody says you have to take it as gospel, praise the lord etc... I certainly dont, But I'll say it again I post for people that may not keep up with current events, so read it absorb it and make your own mind up...Big Grin

I don't take any of your posts as gospel you have made sure of that, I think other than just link from sites you visit maybe do some research and then link knowing you have made enough effort to inform this board of world issues, especially something like chance of WW3.

The Iran Crisis Headed for World War III, why because it says so on Alex excited Jones website, can you offer more detail from say maybe respected members of world affairs have you look at all the pros and cons.

You feel the need to inform and that is a good thing, but in the end these type un-researched topics are going to bring this forum down as in turn it into a joke, you claim you don't take your own posts as serious why bother then? I am sure we can live without the misinformation from loon sites.

If you feel a duty to the members to inform them, then do it correctly at least.
10 January 2012, 17:37,
We do have to wade through quite a lot of rubbish to get to some of the better more factual info which gets lost very quickly , I read the papers every day and check a lot of other sites for info ( I also work and have a family to care for )but I wouldn't post 90% of it coz it's crap.
We should be passing on reliable well researched information. A lot of this stuff belongs in a conspiracy section it should not be mixed with what could be important even urgent news updates.
10 January 2012, 17:41, (This post was last modified: 10 January 2012, 17:41 by mikebratcher69.)
see open box regarding my posts...
you no likey you no read..... simple
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
10 January 2012, 18:04,
I know my opinion has little value these days but I think this forum is going the same way as Above Top Secret, and for me that is in the wrong direction.

10 January 2012, 18:48,
I hope you dont take this as a personal attack NR because its not, this is to everbody realy, I'm just replying to you as your the last post here... I welcome ANY opinion about me or my posts as long as we're respectful to each other. Preppers like yourself who've been prepping longer than me and others like you, contribute vast amounts of knowledge which Is especialy valuable. I personaly think and please dont take this the wrong way, of you as a prepping "elder" the same with ken, wet and cold etc.. Any information you all pass on I try and treat with the respect you deserve, as we should all do for each other anyway. I may not agree with you all the time but isnt that what free wills all about?. We are after all not in a totalitarian regime where only certain peoples words are judged to have influence and value whilst others not. As preppers we are undoubtidly all stubborn "do it my way" alpha types both male and females alike but we should have tollerance and respect for each others "works" whether we agree with them or not.
I just have a strong opinion that people that dismiss others "work" off hand as irellevent whilst theres is relevent leave something to be desired. as people. I dont think you'll ever find a "perfect" prepping site because as more people join more individuals also join and have individual and different ideas about what constitutes relevent news or articles etc. I love hearing about peoples views and their opinions as to what "prepping actualy is." Re news..Some people buy the sun, others the times, whos right? which is the better paper?
Neither as both are produced for different individuals and different needs and wants, one person who reads the times or the telegraph is no better person than the one who reads the sun for example.
The only point I'm trying to make is that people seem to be intollerant of others views at the moment and I think thats a bad idea because we'll all end up losing out, as preppers we are a family amongst a nation of sheeple, is that not what familys do stick together despite you not agreeing all the time with your siblings.Undecided
10 January 2012, 19:21,
i am very interested in everything everybody posts, i dont reply to all posts especially the posts i have no prior experience of like the Iran ones, i only reply to those posts on which i have a personal opinion. but i do hope that this arguement can be settled in a professional and amicable way and to not degenerate into personal slanging matches like i have had on UKPreppers every time i have put a differing reply, i think we are all adult enough and i would hate to see this forum close just because of personalities. can we please have more threads about pure prepping issues and not whether" Uncle Sam " is going to go to war-yet again, personally i think the American people have had enough of their husbands, brothers, sons coming home in bodybags. NR what about helping some of our younger newer members by reproducing some of your famous lists?? best wishes to EVERYONE on this site, happy new year, and keep up the good work. BP.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 January 2012, 19:28,
Thank you BP for a decent adult reply, with no disparaging remarks, and as you wish BP I shall endeavour to restrict any posts about uncle sam and the US and post more about prepping in general.I hope everybody who wrote disparaging remarks can see what decent behavior can do...
10 January 2012, 19:29,
Here, here BP. Although I do like to read mr mikebratcher69 posts, even if I don't always reply or agree or find them relevant.
You have to get up early to catch a fox.
10 January 2012, 19:32,
once again thank you jodansgang for a curteus reply, Its just a shame manners like you display are sadly lacking from others...