Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post Apoc Urban Gear Fun
17 August 2015, 12:18,
RE: Post Apoc Urban Gear Fun
(17 August 2015, 12:06)Midnitemo Wrote: all the armouries I've seen on permanent sites have some very heavy duty physical security (steel plate doors , reinforced wall's/floor's/ceilings) tis a throwback to PIRA day's when some were burgled.

But how would that stand up to a JCB or a 15 tonne swing shovel..... if the site is abandoned and there is no one else around, there is little point in being subtle in your approach Smile
17 August 2015, 12:38,
if 99.9% of the population are dead what is the necessity for all this firepower anyway?? if someone said medication or maybe even seeds I could understand it but this thread seems to have gone the American route and fixated on "guns and ammo".
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
17 August 2015, 12:44,
Yep bring in a jcb and bobs yer uncle Midnite, think of all that lovely loot boyo. Joking aside this scenario would be a lonely existence wouldn't it, and probably only realised through a doomsday virus or natural disaster of epic proportions.
17 August 2015, 12:51, (This post was last modified: 17 August 2015, 12:57 by bigpaul.)
not really TH, all we need is an economic collapse where the UK is unable to import, and more importantly pay for, food, as we already know if the UK had to be self sufficient in food production then we could only feed about one quarter of the present population, eventually and in fairly quick time there would be a reduction in the population through starvation, dehydration, disease and suicide.

as for being a lonely existence, only if someone is one of these people that NEEDS other people around them constantly, personally I was brought up differently.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
17 August 2015, 14:28, (This post was last modified: 17 August 2015, 14:38 by Midnitemo.)
I still don't think it will be that easy...the armouries are most likely to be pilfered by people who already have access(the forces) if any survive , soldiers that is you may be getting shot at when you come through the fence with your 360 , 3cx , D or whatever piece of plant you've liberated , a lot of armouries are below ground and not obviously signed so where not talking 3 min's here , and then you might come up with a poor catch depending on the type of unit/whether they had been mobilised prior etc , some TA units are support arm's not teeth arm's there armouries will be smaller with less variety and much less stock....you want to get armed post apocalypse then gunshops are a better bet...the owner will have taken the pick and as much ammo as he can carry and buggered off leaving the rest....much easier pickings.

plus a TA or Army camp/barracks is going to be on every ones radar for the wealth of useful kit that may be found there , 20 kva trailer mounted generators , off road vehicle , stores , weapon's , munition's the quartermasters store is a veritable survivalists aladin's cave....you may have some feisty(already armed)competition for these rich pickings.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
17 August 2015, 14:52, (This post was last modified: 17 August 2015, 14:53 by SecretPrepper.)
99.99% of people is still leaving a load of people in the UK.

For a city run. I would go lightweight to move quick and because you will have to carry the supplies out. Bring water and a mask to protect against the diseases associated with decaying bodies and tools to gain entry.

At the moment I am lusting over the Ferber downrange tomahawk.

*gerber
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here

17 August 2015, 15:07, (This post was last modified: 17 August 2015, 15:29 by bigpaul.)
(17 August 2015, 14:52)SecretPrepper Wrote: 99.99% of people is still leaving a load of people in the UK.
prior to the commencement of the industrial revolution circa 1750 the population of Britain was 6 million or about 10% of what it is now. .01% survival rate is about 60,000 nationwide(that's the population NOW of Glastonbury, Wells and Street X2!!!) you'd be lucky to even see another person(even at a distance) the rest of your life!!!

as far as cities are concerned post SHTF, the main killer is going to be disease, all those dead and festering bodies!! the smell will be something terrible, to say nothing of the birds and rats and other vermin feeding off the bodies! good place to stay out of I think.
17 August 2015, 15:32,
Known UK population is aprox 65 million 0.01 is 6500 people that's not including the unknown amount of people living here illegally. It is a small number relatively but knowing my luck I'll run into them Tongue

Loads was an overstatement on my part
It's not the end of the world, but you can see it from here

17 August 2015, 16:38,
What on Gods earth makes you think that YOU will be among the one tenth of one percent that survive?
17 August 2015, 16:46,
(17 August 2015, 16:38)Mortblanc Wrote: What on Gods earth makes you think that YOU will be among the one tenth of one percent that survive?

why not? are you a defeatist or something? always think positively....wouldn't be much point in prepping otherwise would there? we have an old tv series, in it an old Scottish undertaker was always saying "we're doomed, we're doomed". when ever I hear that I will think of you!!!!!!!