Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Building a new EDC for the wife
20 August 2015, 19:11,
Building a new EDC for the wife
Okay, anyone that has met me and the wife knows that although my wife's not a prepper, she's supportive of the fact that I am. So much so that she's agreed to have an EDC with her of my choosing/making.

She already has a nice keyring EDC job, e.g. torch plus night glow and a ferro rod on the keyring, small knife in the purse/handbag, 'tactical' pen (kubotan styled), a signal mirror in the purse, and that's about it. Not great, although it is a good start.

But we spoke the other day about building a better EDC for her and she was okay with it.

So I'm upgrading her gear and building a nice little kit for her.

It'll be very small, like the size of a sunglasses case.

Contents will be a pen, pen torch, pen-shape knife. A small pack of quikclot style stuff, and an underwater notepad. I am thinking of a little 550 cord too. Again, nothing major. I'm thinking of adding a very small multitool, but am unsure about this. Obviously extra tampons and a couple of other lady bits.

Adage to the keyring, a handcuff key, plus a small magnifier for the purse.

Interestingly, she noted one thing that I think is an excellent idea. She said about a small power source to recharge her phone. Like my Veho Pebble that I use to power a mini wifi system I use when camping somewhere that has wifi signal. No joke it's hysterical when people are on Dartmoor and their phone pops up with "Wifi access available" and they're looking everywhere for were the signal is coming from.

Any other suggestions for what she should carry?
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
20 August 2015, 19:57,
RE: Building a new EDC for the wife
A couple of plasters and some paracetamol.

Some spare cash.

A zip pull compass.

How about a small multi-tool, I carry a Leatherman Squirt PS4, that gives a (second) blade; pliers; screw drivers; scissors; file etc
21 August 2015, 03:27,
First thing I think of is if she has a mind set to use the contents, and why she needs it. And if she does need it why is she not already carrying it?

There are women that carry a purse as a home away from home, and others want to slip some folding money and their ID in their pocket and go.

My late wife was a working mother of two boys. The entire family could live on the contents of her purse for 72 hours and I am sure she could have done surgery with the contents of the FAK she had in there!

On top of that she got her concealed carry permit 6 months before I did and had a .357 revolver somewhere in the depths of that honking big purse she carried.

I think she always considered me putting a "get home bag" in her car a sort of insult to her capabilities and the contents of that purse.
21 August 2015, 21:19,
I have a few sutures in my wallet and a, and a little blade tech sharpener, if she needs anything sharpening of course, and a tool logic credit card thing, which has tweezers little blade scissors pen, and a blazer pocket lighter obtainad off eBay, the ones with a clear fuel reservoir so you can check levels visually are the better ones !!