Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pesto?
27 August 2015, 12:05,
Pesto?
I'm currently on the look out for canned pesto...I have got some Asda own brand green and red pesto(190g jars,nice and cheap at 79p and packing 375 k/cal per jar) that I have put into stock but I want something a little bigger say 400g and preferably tinned for durability and keep the daylight out , the dates on my current stock are pretty long , into early 2017 but I need bigger as the current size turns 500g of fusilli into something a little less bland but that only serves 4/5 people I need to serve maybe 8/9 anybody seen what I'm looking for on there shopping jaunts?
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
27 August 2015, 14:11,
RE: Pesto?
Have you tried wholesaler's like Booker? If you own a business, you can buy from them. It's easy enough to make an company for such purposes, then dissolving the company a year later due to inaction.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
27 August 2015, 14:17,
got a bookers card and until recently had a makro one....not seen what I'm after there but I will go look again as lines change periodically
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
27 August 2015, 15:39,
I've never seen tins of pesto, or in fact anything other than the small jars like you have got from Asda.

In the US you can get a dried Pesto mix made by Knorr, but again I don't think it's available over here.

Some of the main supermarket brands I find pretty poor quality (not tried the asda one) and are just packed full of cheap oil, but the Lidl one which is a similar cost to your Asda one is not bad.