Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
TSHTF has started.
7 September 2015, 01:03,
RE: TSHTF has started.
Sounds like the first item on your list in the UK would be to blow up that damned tunnel...
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
7 September 2015, 08:48,
that's always been top of my list JP, and has been for a long time.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 September 2015, 08:50,
SD you're correct in the sense that I would 1st relocate to another part of this country. But then if my family's security was still at risk (bear in mind it's not only isis fighting, the whole of Syria is at war against different groups) then I'd be looking to get abroad.

If I lived in Syria & sought refuge in neighbouring turkey, then told if a made a short 3 mile trip by boat (to an island that's visibly close during daylight hours) to somewhere guaranteed safe & a roof over our heads with a little bit of money to see us through , I'd seriously consider it if I'm totally honest. I'd take the precaution of each having some sort of floatations device & all be roped together, but I'd still weigh up the risks vs benefits.

Haven't we discussed migrating to safer shores in other sections of the forum if anything happened to compromise our safety here in UK. What's the difference?

I'm not saying I'm right or wrong or you're right or wrong. Just my opinion.
7 September 2015, 09:35,
"Islamic State" has just announced it has already smuggled THOUSANDS of extremists into Europe
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/555434
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 September 2015, 14:31,
GR,

I see no difference in looking at them but I do see a big difference in choosing one.

At the height of the troubles with the IRA there was still places for people to go and I don't believe there are no safe places in their own country or neighbouring countries. But the key thing for me is there sure as hell is safe areas in Italy, Germany and France all of which they went through to get here.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
7 September 2015, 16:17,
I may be wrong, and if I am, please cite info to correct me. It appears that most of the troubles with immigrants is occurring in the cities, where newcomers compete with locals for resources and infrastructure. The resident working poor or citizens already dependent on some form of government assistance seem most threatened and angry, lest they lose what little they have.

My friend in Italy tells me that they need skilled trades, agricultural and industrial workers in the north of the country, but neither their poor countrymen south of the Po river, nor the newest immigrants, seem to be interested in WORKING for a living. He tells me that the cheese producers in Padua and the surrounding area have been saved by families immigrating from India, who have a gift in tending cattle and a strong work ethic.

But the latest crop have more interest in free handouts than productive work.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
7 September 2015, 16:39,
and the latest crop are competing with out feckless youth who also have more interest in free handouts than productive work.

It can't go on and more and more people are coming around to this way of thinking. A dead kid washed up on a beach is a tragedy but no more so than the millions of kids that have starved where there are no cameras to see them and exploit our gullibility.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
7 September 2015, 20:37,
The whole situation is deteriorating at a clipping rate right before our eyes. I just don't think that taking in a load of refugees just because the EU is getting shirty with us is going to make much difference to the overall problem. Although I can see the EU referendum now as being a walkover for the NO the the EU vote.

Can you just imagine the situation if one or more of the refugees turns out to be an Isis plant and the whole thing kicks off again. Wonder what hole they will have to dig Cameron out of.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
7 September 2015, 22:21,
There is a very real danger of ISIS sleeper agents infiltrating throughout the EU with this huge influx of immigrants which are not being vetted or screened, many of them without travel documents or intentionally discarding them. We have already seen this in the US among the "OTMs" aka "Other Than Mexicans"infiltrating through Texas or Arizona and later being apprehended in foiled terror attempts.

The only question is whether you get dozens, hundreds, or thousands of them, how well they are trained and organized, and how long it takes your security services and police to identify, effectively track, and eventually round up before they get into serious mischief.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
8 September 2015, 10:21,
most of them seem to be headed for Germany, which seems ok, but once they get settled Germany will give them all EU passports, and then they can just walk into the UK without "heed or hinderance", that's where the problems will start.