Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bargain beans
12 September 2015, 20:50,
Bargain beans
Just been to tesco & they had 4pk of Branston baked beans for 64p. At 16p per can, it beats even value brand cans hands down. As a family we go through a fair few tins of beans each month so we stocked up. 14 packs (56 tins) should last a while. Even so, I'm going back for more on Monday when the Mrs is out.
12 September 2015, 21:32,
RE: Bargain beans
Thanks for the heads up Rob .....going to get some tomorrow!
12 September 2015, 22:47,
Cheers going tomorrow
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
12 September 2015, 23:30,
aldi red kidney beans 23p a tin same price as always but not stuffed with sugar and salt.
Survive the jive (youtube )
13 September 2015, 09:43,
I'm standing downwind
13 September 2015, 10:20,
blimey that is cheap.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 September 2015, 12:59,
Seems to be that I can get better deals these days from the supermarkets than I can from approved foods! Also our local tescos now sell huge cuts of meat half price. Picked up a slab of Aberdeen Angus, should have been £42 for £21! Same last week with lamb shoulder and the week before with gammon.
Still don't think it competes with good farm shops for price, but I've not really seen a good farm shop since I left Cornwall.

No real work on since April, so need all the cheap food I can find! Food stores have been seriously depleted.
14 September 2015, 13:19,
just seen half a lamb for sale in a nearby town butchers for £49...that's pretty good, we have been paying £60 or more for the same thing, pity there is no room in the freezer!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 September 2015, 21:43,
Another trip today ! i now have eighty cans......BLAZING SADDLES..cheers robo !
15 September 2015, 21:24,
BeardyMan, I find if you take an extra £20 with you to the supermarket, you can always seem to find something massively marked down for no reason at all. I'm just glad they enjoy doing loss-leader items to attract people in. It's our job to take full advantage of them.

BP I want to see if I can get a cheap lean-to on the back of the house & get a decent sized chest freezer in there to stock up on meat & also surplus veg from the allotment.

Not a problem SS, glad it's helped someone.