Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
one too keep an eye on.
20 September 2015, 09:18,
RE: one too keep an eye on.
Hey NR - nice to see you alive
26 September 2015, 10:02,
Another report by Moneyweek linked below. Of course we have to bear in mind that they want to sell us services to "protect" us, so they are a bit alarmist, but some of these points are still valid.

http://pro.moneyweek.com/lia-martiallaw1...CgQ&h=true
26 September 2015, 10:38,
link dosent work.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 September 2015, 11:35,
Works for me, this one should work for everyone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMRt56TJ2yo
26 September 2015, 16:16,
good info their steve

i dont think it will happen quickly just a bit at a time
Survive the jive (youtube )
6 October 2015, 07:58,
I have been following the Moneyweek 'alarmist' thread with some interest. Whilst all of this might seem extreme at the moment the fact that they have the will to think this through and then publish it makes me think that the others upstairs might just have given it some thought too.
Added to which I notice that a couple of the 'banks' have been advertising cashless transactions rather repeatedly.
Also Moneyweek team have got together a petition on the subject and tried to present it to the Government - who appear to be taking a stalling stance by failing to accept it as legitimate.
6 October 2015, 09:26,
yes for me this is the most realistic threat they seem to be papering over the cracks
Survive the jive (youtube )
6 October 2015, 20:48,
It certainly won't do any harm to think about how you would trade without cash, what do you have to offer ?

Perhaps a stash of duty-free tobacco would be useful currency at the local agricultural merchants.
7 October 2015, 08:43,
how about a skill?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
7 October 2015, 18:49,
(7 October 2015, 08:43)bigpaul Wrote: how about a skill?

Of course, but don't forget what currency was invented for - to allow you to stockpile your "skill" for when you need to trade with it. A man with a useful skill will rarely be poor, but one day he may have to store his wealth without money.