Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Unintended consequences of mass migration into EU
20 October 2015, 13:30,
RE: Unintended consequences of mass migration into EU
forget "acts of god" and natural events, the biggest chance of any disaster is the potential for a man made emergency, like Mary said the Somerset Levels were a disaster waiting to happen and it took TPTB some time to get their fingers out and get the big pumps in from Holland...of course we didn't have any big enough here did we? no chance.
as long as there are politicians and political advisors and "special interest groups" there will always be scope for total disasters brought about by political manouvering and interventions.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
20 October 2015, 13:47,
Much of the problem in the UK and the EU for that matter is everyone wants money spending on their cause (s) of choice, but they also don't want to pay tax, they do not get that the government does not have any money of its own, only what it raises in taxes, so for example the sparsely populated Somserset levels. It wants its rivers and canals dredging, it wants to retain local schools that have few pupils, it wants to retain its smaller cottage hospitals, it was subsidies for its orchards, it wants funds to promote tourism, it wants its myriad lanes tarmacking, it wants subsidised housing and low cost starter homes etc etc simply put people want more spending on them than they pay in. Same story repeats itself across the country. I'm just reading a sad story about a woman wanting treatment for her child who has some dreadful condition but the costs run over £100,000 a year and we all know of huge numbers of similar equally tragic medical cases where treatment costs insane amounts. Our society has come to believe the STATE ( which is the TAX PAYERS) have bottomless amounts of money to spend, but it has not the social welfare state like the NHS is at breaking point and its unfair and unjust to keep expecting tax payers to pay out ever more in taxes for ever worsening public services.

Talk about ironic but last night on local radio was a local social justice campaigner , the other day this same lady was on the show demanding the "" Government"" brought in as many asylum seeker / migrant families that wanted to come here, last night she was on complaining that council house waiting lists were getting longer !!! she simply could not link the two issues in her head but believes the government has endless amounts of money to spend on this or that cause.

So now across the UK civil unrest is brewing because more and more people think they should have a better standard of care and living provided by a state that simply cannot achieve what they want. Trouble is brewing on the home front.

20 October 2015, 14:16,
The world revolves around money and profiteering, that's just one of our root problems imho.

If there is a main event and we have to rebuild, I do wonder if we will return to our mistaken ways? Huh
I'm NOT political so DON'T correct me!
20 October 2015, 15:05,
(20 October 2015, 14:16)Nix Wrote: If there is a main event and we have to rebuild, I do wonder if we will return to our mistaken ways? Huh
I never understood when we talk about "rebuilding" and everyone wants to rebuild exactly what went before? whats wrong with having something different?
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
20 October 2015, 15:21,
(20 October 2015, 15:05)bigpaul Wrote:
(20 October 2015, 14:16)Nix Wrote: If there is a main event and we have to rebuild, I do wonder if we will return to our mistaken ways? Huh
I never understood when we talk about "rebuilding" and everyone wants to rebuild exactly what went before? whats wrong with having something different?

The problem 'after an event' is that you simply do not have the luxury of time, you (or more correctly TPTB) will simply stick with what is known and understood, regardless of whether or not it is the right way or best thing to do....
20 October 2015, 16:54,
that's all depends on how much is left.
20 October 2015, 18:27,
Life is dynamic, it's inevitable that things will change after a major event so it WILL be different but the question is by how much, what will stay and what will be discarded? The "event" itself will no doubt dictate the survivor's mood for change but perhaps there will be no choice in many things.
I'm NOT political so DON'T correct me!
21 October 2015, 08:37,
like you say, the event will dictate what follows, some events will remove the infrastructure, other events will remove the people, anything that affects the food supply for more than 30 days could see a reduction in the population, the final catalyst will be the collapse of the power grid, most people cannot and will not survive without electricity.