Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Self Defence in the UK ( comment)
19 October 2015, 09:44,
Self Defence in the UK ( comment)
Self Defence,
Just been reading about and listening to assorted British politicians saying Israeli Civilians have every right to protect themselves with guns, batons, sprays, tazors etc from the current wave of stabbings and assaults by Palestinians because 8 Israelis have been stabbed to death and dozens wounded.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...tacks.html

Hmmmm in 2015 there were 26,370 violent knife crimes in the UK a rise of 23% according to the BBC, yet those same politicians DENY British citizens those very same rights they encourage Israelis to take up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33547806

I suppose its probably racist to point out that its the large 250 plus assorted ethnic gangs in our cities who are behind most of these crimes thus requiring the police to have a permanent task force called TRIDENT to try and counter it.

Just remember next time the Lib Lab Con ban everything types tell you the UK is safe

19 October 2015, 09:53,
RE: Self Defence in the UK ( comment)
TPTB don't want us having things like that because they think we will use them on them .disarm the masses ,make us easy to control
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
19 October 2015, 10:00,
I play them at their own game, YES I only carry a UK legal knife now in town, BUT I had put a razor edge on the bexel of my EDC flashlight and I also keep my steel tactical pen clipped to my polo neck shirt. And this hint of arthritis in my knee means I can get away with carrying an alloy hiking pole.

19 October 2015, 10:58,
(19 October 2015, 10:00)NorthernRaider Wrote: I play them at their own game, YES I only carry a UK legal knife now in town, BUT I had put a razor edge on the bexel of my EDC flashlight and I also keep my steel tactical pen clipped to my polo neck shirt. And this hint of arthritis in my knee means I can get away with carrying an alloy hiking pole.

Cold Steel are making some quite nice walking sticks too. Be stronger than an alloy pole, but fairly pricey in comparison.

Tactical pen I always have in my pocket too, starting to leave the UK legal knives at home now, do have an esee arrowhead on me at all times instead.
19 October 2015, 17:52,
Please correct me if I am wrong but I am led to understand that it is perfectly legal to have a walking stick with you as it is regarded as an 'aid' rather than an offensive weapon.
Given some 'training' I would think that it could be very beneficial with regard to personal defence.
19 October 2015, 19:55,
(19 October 2015, 17:52)iaaems Wrote: Please correct me if I am wrong but I am led to understand that it is perfectly legal to have a walking stick with you as it is regarded as an 'aid' rather than an offensive weapon.
Given some 'training' I would think that it could be very beneficial with regard to personal defence.

Aye, I'm very tempted by the Stephen Seagull Ten Shin
http://www.coldsteel-uk.com/store/Sticks.html

More socially acceptable than a half staff. Could actually be of some use in the winter with my broken pelvis and blown knee. They do some training DVD's too. Better than nothing I suppose, won't be as good as a real class, but there don't seem to be that many that teach weapon forms. Not in my area anyway.
19 October 2015, 20:12,
I have turned some nice oak into batons...just needs some lead shot adding, TBH i will make a nice walking stick and do the same with that......all this as a defence against the wife...but now a true dual usage ....glad i read the thread now !...i always carry a knife !
19 October 2015, 20:46,
My grandfather used to have a wonderful old swordstick. I'm sure they would be illegal, but one hell of a weapon.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
19 October 2015, 20:53,
I have got one MN and yes they are very illegal if you are out side with them
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
19 October 2015, 20:56,
But a high quality umbrella ( not the cheap mass produced Chinese junk) the type with a solid shaft and steel, alloy or brass furniture IS legal and its easy to sharpen the tip on them AND they bodies are strong enough to make a decent short staff.