Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this the script for a movie?
20 October 2015, 11:52, (This post was last modified: 20 October 2015, 12:01 by bigpaul.)
RE: Is this the script for a movie?
It was announced recently that 34 Police stations are to be closed in Devon and Cornwall within the next 5 years and 500 officers will be "lost", bringing the total number of officers down to 2,500, this to control a population of 1.65 million, an area of 3,961 square miles, pretty soon the only police stations in Devon will be in Exeter and Plymouth!!!

I should add this is because of so called "budget cuts".
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
20 October 2015, 12:15,
(20 October 2015, 11:52)bigpaul Wrote: It was announced recently that 34 Police stations are to be closed in Devon and Cornwall within the next 5 years and 500 officers will be "lost", bringing the total number of officers down to 2,500, this to control a population of 1.65 million, an area of 3,961 square miles, pretty soon the only police stations in Devon will be in Exeter and Plymouth!!!

I should add this is because of so called "budget cuts".

And apparently all of the police officers are going to be issued with iPhones or similar to enable them to communicate and access information etc remotely.

They clearly haven't considered that the 3G/4G mobile signal within the vast majority of Devon and Cornwall is non-existent. Can't see their flash mobile devices downloading essential info from a PNC check using a 2G/GSM signal!
20 October 2015, 13:51,
Isnt it amazing AND ironic that crime is FALLING in the towns (not the cities) and RISING fast in rural areas and across the country the police and government openly admit that is the case. YET their response to rising crime in RURAL areas is to REMOVE officers and CLOSE rural stations relocating those officers and resources into the towns where crime is falling. I still think its associated with my Social Engineering beliefs.

20 October 2015, 15:01,
I haven't noticed any rising crime in my rural area, last real crime we had was about 4 years ago and that was a gang from the midlands!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
20 October 2015, 21:54,
Here in rural East Anglia the crime rate is definitely rising. It is mostly related to theft of agricultural kit and suchlike, but the
rate of drink and drug-fuelled violence and burglary is also on the up. I'm not sure why - no reasons seem to have been given, but most of the Court cases in the Register seem to relate to Eastern Europeans (what a surprise!) and their antics.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
20 October 2015, 22:03,
Up here like on Marys patch its theft of machinery from Tractors etc but JCBs, Quads, Mule 4x4s, generators but especially diesel, very recently not two miles from here a mother and son on a farm disturbed two diesel thieves in a pickup, the son raced to close the gate to stop them escaping but they ran him down breaking both legs and both hips. His poor mother saw it happed try to run to the house to dial 999 and dropped dead from a heart attack. Some small holdings and allotments are getting stripped are overnight, and entire fields full of sheep have been stolen in Tees and Wear dale areas.

Burglaries from rural homes and theft from garages, sheds, greenhouses is increasing as is poaching.

21 October 2015, 00:29,
And that,s right now NR ...just gives an insight to what,s in store wtshtf......my greatest fear ...as i have said many times !
21 October 2015, 08:14,
it's only when you put it together like NR has done in his OP,
that you see how bad it has become. The opposite point of view is that
we are being paranoid and that these indicators are normal.

So what do we do?

First thing on my mind is security and that means, windows, doors, locks etc etc
Make sure the windows have that 3M plastic on them to prevent them being smashed in.

Really make the home as much of a fortress as you can

Then food etc

Im in the unfortunate situation of having to move in about 3 months from my rural East Anglian home to a bungalow in suburbs of a Derbyshire town so the problems will be a little worse
21 October 2015, 08:28,
I guess we are a bit more remote here, away from any cities, a large city is many hours from here, we are nowhere near the motorway system and farms here are hill farms, everyone here knows everyone else, they know where you live and any stranger will stand out a mile. a lot of the roads are very narrow, one way in and the same way out again and a tractor would soon block anyone in if required to do so. having said that "opportunist thieves" are rife at Dartmoor tourist areas, thefts from parked cars are on the increase(handbags and camera's etc.etc.)
21 October 2015, 09:14,
Look at the establishments logic, Crime rises in RURAL areas respond by REMOVING police resources from rural areas leaving villagers and farmers and out of town businesses even more vulnerable to attack.

Look at the Tottenham riots in 2010 and the time leading up to it. From 1996 to 2010 the police and state have mercilessly campaigned to prevent citizens from protecting themselves, gun bans, knife bans, baton bans etc, prosecutions of home owners who use ""To much"" force to protect themselves from criminals. Protest groups objecting to the REAL and HUGE rise in violent street crime by the officially recognised 250 black and ethnic street gangs in our cities being put down remorselessly by the establishment.

Then along comes 2010 an the Police shoot dead a known criminal and Tottenham erupts into rioting, arson, looting, rape, vandalism, muggings.................. So we await the 32,000 officers of the Met ( and their colleagues in other cities where offshoot trouble flares up) ....................... Sirens sound, police cars and vans rush to Tottenham ......... Skirmish with the rioters..................Then WITHDRAW !!!!!.. An official police spokesman says the police were withdrawn to (A) Try and defuse the situation and (B) ensure the safety of the POLICE !!!!. IE The community can go and F*** itself we are staying away from Tottenham until things quieten down and we ( the cops) are not getting attacked.

This leaves the home owners, motorists, shop and café owners, large and small business owners standing their watching their businesses get looted and torched.

Look at the welfare state, for 75 years the government has said WE WILL TAX YOU MORE to pay for a good welfare system, WE WILL TAX YOU MORE to give you a good NHS, WE WILL TAX YOU MORE to give you good public services, WE WILL TAX YOU MORE to give you world class Education, WE WILL TAX YOU MORE to give you first rate Poliing and protection etc etc

Now in 2015 the public services are failing but the taxes only ever go up and NOW they say ( ALL the big parties) if you want a cop in your village you have to pay more, if you want a GP surgery in your village you have to pay more, if you want a COMFORTABLE pension you have to pay more, If you want world class schooling you have to pay more. THEY et al FAILED to deliver Today in 2015 you do pay more taxes than ever for ever declining public services, dial 999 in the middle of the night and you MAY get a cop within and hour. (WHEN YOU ONLY HAVE SECONDS TO LIVE IT IS OF LITTLE COMFORT TO KNOW THE POLICE ARE ONLY MINUTES AWAY). You MAY get an ambulance provided its not redirected to collect drunks from the cty centre or cold asylum seekers hidden in the back of a truck,

Council house NEEDING ..... don't hold your bloody breath in 2012 we were 2.5 million homes short. we are now 3.2 million homes short, we have no where to build them, no money to finance them, if they do get built migrants with 8 kids get priority over Brits with 2 kids AND AND AND the states response to an insane housing shortage is to................ Bring in more people from abroad wanting Council houses.

No disrespect but if you have faith in the state to house, care, feed, educate, employ, protect and care for you, then Sirs you are insane.