Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this the script for a movie?
21 October 2015, 09:22,
RE: Is this the script for a movie?
you may be right in all you say NR, but there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING we as either preppers or ordinary members of the public can do about it, this is politics pure and simple, whilst ranting might get it off our chests it dosent accomplish anything else.
however on one thing I do agree, anyone who relies on the state or TPTB, whichever you want to call it, for their personal survival is an idiot, and they call preppers the crazy ones??Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 October 2015, 09:28,
Frau Merkel invites 800,000 migrants to come to Germany and get free homes, welfare, healthcare, jobs, money.
1,000,000 arrive, Germany struggles, tries to get other countries to take migrants ( with a 2% consist of ISIS among them).

So what next?

Germany gives CITIZENSHIP of Germany and EU states to the 1 million, first thing they do is send for their extended families on average according to Al Jaz of 8 people each wanting to join the loved one in Germany.

So 1 million migrants suddenly becomes 9 million migrants arriving in the EU. ALL WITH EU PASSPORTS

Few jobs to be had on the Continent so the 9 million look for (A) Countries with lavish welfare systems (B) Countries with large established middle eastern communities they could feel at home in. I wonder where they will go ??

Meanwhile in Turkey, Hungary and another Country (I forgot which one) Authorities open AID FOR REFUGEE CONTAINERS from the middle east and find AKs and AMMO and RPGS and Explosives and ISIS literature.

And the EU / UK govt respond by have 4 meetings and achieve nothing because no one is in charge and no one can agree on what to do.

Should you prep
should you go off grid
should you move out of town
should you upgrade you security and change your habits if you stay in town
should you learn new skills
should you grow SOME of your own food
should you make contingency plans
SHOULD YOU TRUST THE STATE TO LOOK AFTER YOU ?
should you stop using public transport

21 October 2015, 09:42,
So what are us frogs to do ? NR lays it out...BP says its politics and nothing we can do......so is that it then ? do we HAVE to except this as just a hopeless state of affairs....are we so lazy ...don,t care where we are being led .. shut up and stump up ?.....just go with the flow ? which is the easier option...don,t make a fuss ....our inaction will cost ALL of us in the end ....but like politicians we kick the can down the road....until we run out of road as they will...by which time we will end up fighting each other ....instead of the politicians whom we allowed to take the piss out of us in the first place !
21 October 2015, 09:51, (This post was last modified: 21 October 2015, 09:52 by bigpaul.)
just what can we do SS? we cannot physically stop any of this from happening, the next election is not until 2020 this lot are in power until then whether we like it or not. unless of course you are advocating a revolution or some other sort of uprising which would see martial law being invoked.
all we can do is prepare, plan and upgrade our personal and household security, but other than that? I don't know.

i'm not going to add anything further to a rant about politics.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 October 2015, 10:00,
I pretty much agree BP .....i wish i had a more defined answer, but i do not is the truth.....but.....people are waking up to the useless bastards that supposedly run things badly their record shows its running on empty promises not matter who runs the show...why waste your time voting ? revolution.....DO NOT VOTE AT ALL try that
no mandate .....get out of that bastard.
21 October 2015, 10:07,
there is an old saying:"it dosent matter who you vote for, the GOVERNMENT always gets in"!!Big Grin
NOT VOTING?? that only works if no one votes and I cant see that happening, there will always be the hardcore who will.
21 October 2015, 13:04,
Ref post number 20 I made earlier about trusting the state.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/613446/...on-payouts

21 October 2015, 13:43,
people in their 20s, 30s and 40s will have to work longer to get their pension, and the" triple lock" is only worth about £3 a week anyway, do you think people in their 20s and 30s even care about their old age pensions?
anyway enough of this political rant, i'm outta here and i'm not coming back until this site gets back to prepping and survival.
21 October 2015, 14:13,
(21 October 2015, 13:43)bigpaul Wrote: anyway enough of this political rant, i'm outta here and i'm not coming back until this site gets back to prepping and survival.

The way I read this thread, is that it is reinforcing the reasons why we prep, and let's not forget that there may be others reading this thread, but not posting who are benefiting from the discussions and who's eyes are being opened to what is happening around us all.
21 October 2015, 14:23,
(21 October 2015, 14:13)Devonian Wrote: let's not forget that there may be others reading this thread, but not posting who are benefiting from the discussions and who's eyes are being opened to what is happening around us all.

I agree completely. The biggest threat we face is from our own politicians as they become increasingly desperate - it would be foolish to ignore them.