Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible NEW Russian threat to interweb
26 October 2015, 20:50,
Possible NEW Russian threat to interweb
Yes I know its a cause and an unlikely one but so long as we are aware of it we can respond, EG if you have close working relationships with overseas preppers or even family you may wish to ensure you have current postal addresses, fax numbers if they have them, phone numbers, and Skype just in case Mad Vlad cuts the fibre optics, and also plan on messages taking much longer to get to their overseas destinations if they arrive at all.

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/scie...-Submarine

27 October 2015, 09:34,
RE: Possible NEW Russian threat to interweb
no internet is not really a problem for me but I think some/most of the population would go mental without it!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
27 October 2015, 10:57,
Problem is BP, it's not what you use, it's the fact that 95% of ALL electronic communication uses these cables, so that includes bank transactions, credit cards, utility companies, supermarket stock systems, traffic management systems, NHS etc etc etc....

Even if it's not a service that you use, it would still cripple the country and affect all of us 'if' it ever happened. But this is not just the Russians, the Americans have admitted they have been doing the same on the other sides of the Atlantic/Pacific Oceans......
27 October 2015, 11:09,
yes, that is what happens when you put " all your eggs in one basket" and is another reason why preppers should have a cash "emergency fund" for when the technology crashes.(amongst other things).
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
27 October 2015, 11:35,
Good sound advice BP.
27 October 2015, 11:57,
mad vlad ...... ?

why is putin mad .
Survive the jive (youtube )
27 October 2015, 12:04,
Nothing mad about Putin mate.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

28 October 2015, 09:59,
More Russian bashing from the rabid right wing press. They always need an enemy to focus the plebs attention, stops them thinking and realising the scumbags ruling them are the biggest bunch of thieving manupulating Toads on the planet.
28 October 2015, 10:23,
Am I the only one who thinks Putin has probably got it right??
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
28 October 2015, 10:59,
I don't think the Yanks get it, someone needs to tell the US administration we have moved on since the cold war, its not Putin that's the problem its ISIS, al Quida, the Taliban, home grown terrorists and stuff like that.