Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Civil disorder frequency
1 November 2015, 10:31,
Civil disorder frequency
Have you noticed of late how its taking less and less for trouble to flare up ? A rave in London descended into a riot last night, this violent response to illegal raves appears to be becoming more common. once over a few mouthy types would shout abuse but generally the youngsters would begrudgingly disperse when the police turned up, but these days they appear ( to me at least) to be itching for a fight. Student / Anti Capitalist/ Anti Patriot / Anti Gentrification anti what ever protests appear to be getting ever more prone to sudden violent outbursts.

http://news.sky.com/story/1579587/hundre...iot-police

I'm not going to go into debating the causes we all have our own views but I think its worth raising the issue that on key dates ( Halloween/ End of Term/ Start of Parliament/ End of season/ Cup final / Important vote dates etc we need to be that bit more aware that a social gathering or protest could easily turn violent.

From street festivals to protests to raves, to sporting events, to marches to public speaking events to almost anything where trouble could flare up we need to be far more aware of WHERE, WHEN, WHY and plan accordingly.. Though I would add the huge great Gothic festival in Whitby this weekend has past by totally peacefully.Smile

1 November 2015, 11:13,
RE: Civil disorder frequency
this sort of behaviour will only increase, the Police are shorthanded at the best of times, just look at the London Riots a few years ago.
national Police numbers are at an all time low, I believe moral in the force is also at a low point, they only have about 136,000 officers that's the same as the population of Exeter, if something big ever kicks off nationally they wont be able to cope.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 November 2015, 12:00,
or robbin peter to pay paul.
army numbers down ... answer bigger ta

police numbers down ....answer more hobby bobbys.

just think hobby bobbys facing the London riots [they would shit themselves]....Huh
Survive the jive (youtube )
1 November 2015, 12:08,
not around here there wont be, within the next 5 years 1,300 posts are to be "lost" with D&E Police, that's 760 police, ALL the PCSO's and the remainder are civilian staff.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 November 2015, 23:41,
(1 November 2015, 12:08)bigpaul Wrote: not around here there wont be, within the next 5 years 1,300 posts are to be "lost" with D&E Police, that's 760 police, ALL the PCSO's and the remainder are civilian staff.

Wow... When I lived in Cornwall we saw the police about 3 times in total. And one of those times matey was lost.

Prepare for more Tony Martin style events, when people know the police won't be coming to help they've got no option but to take care of things themselves...

Plus, if there's no police who's going to investigate a missing toe-rag or two? Wink
2 November 2015, 12:40,
it is a well known fact in the more rural parts of Devon and Cornwall that given a serious emergency, never mind WTSHTF, that we will be left to get on with it as best we can, the far south west is ignored unless its a "photo opportunity" or its election year.