Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imagine
18 January 2012, 12:55,
RE: Imagine
if i remember right, didnt the IRA have terrorist cells of 3 people??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
18 January 2012, 13:43,
I'm just saying imagine if, instead of causing car accidents themselves, they shot out other people, or their cars, then caused people to abandon their vehicles.

The expense to deal with such an issue would be HUGE!!!

The government would send in military troops and crazy stuff like that. The motorways would be packed with abandoned vehicles, which would have had their tyres slashed, or have been burned out by the terrorist group. It would even be possible without loss of life. Shoot out an engine to make the first few cars stop. Then shoot out windscreens so people knew they were being shot at. That would cause an instant roadblock that would take more than a couple of days to clear. Don't forget, the government in the area believe there is a gunman lurking around there. They're not going to send people into that area in a hurry.
18 January 2012, 14:36,
The issue is that shooting out tyres isn't that easy in moving vehicles and when they are blocked in what is the point.

The disruption though would be immense especially on the motorways around airports. Many would be late, miss their flights.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
18 January 2012, 14:41,
Shooting out tyres !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, A carrier bag full of caltrops is much more effective

18 January 2012, 14:48,
Who ever said about shooting tyres? I meant slashing. After the upraw and when everyone is leaving their vehicles, the shooter by the bridge would go and slash a few sets of tyres, or just Molotov a few of them and wait for the chain reaction.

To nutralise the cars initially, the terrorist (if not wanting to kill) could shoot out the windscreen or put a few bullets into the radiator. That will bring the car to a stop. Then it's up to the bridge sniper to shoot out another car. After that, it's all about windscreen shooting.

The issue would be enormous!

I honestly thing it could be weeks to clear it all up. Especially if a few of the cars being moved are boobytrapped.
18 January 2012, 17:16,
Scythe,

Too risky. Plod would be on the scen quickly after the first few in force. Plus slashing tyres isn't that much of a delay tactic. They will just drag them off.

It wouldn't take weeks to clear at all. They clear major crashes quicker than that.
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
18 January 2012, 20:10,
(18 January 2012, 17:16)Skean Dhude Wrote: Scythe,

Too risky. Plod would be on the scen quickly after the first few in force. Plus slashing tyres isn't that much of a delay tactic. They will just drag them off.

It wouldn't take weeks to clear at all. They clear major crashes quicker than that.

It's a good job I'm not a terrorist then. I'd be caught well quickly.

Thought if the cars would be booby trapped with explosives, they would then need to check every car before moving them.
19 January 2012, 11:51,
So let's be clear. You are going to shoot out a few cars. You will then walk down and attach devices, slash tyres and then walk out and escape by road before heavily armed plod get there in their helicopters. I see a very slight flaw.

I'm sure that many of us here could plan this out and come up with a good plan. I'm not sure though how this is relevant to survival. We won't have a situation after TSHTF when we could use this in any way. So before we get shut down for providing aid I think we should move back to more relevant scenarios.
Skean Dhude
19 January 2012, 12:54,
(19 January 2012, 11:51)Skean Dhude Wrote: So let's be clear. You are going to shoot out a few cars. You will then walk down and attach devices, slash tyres and then walk out and escape by road before heavily armed plod get there in their helicopters. I see a very slight flaw.

I'm sure that many of us here could plan this out and come up with a good plan. I'm not sure though how this is relevant to survival. We won't have a situation after TSHTF when we could use this in any way. So before we get shut down for providing aid I think we should move back to more relevant scenarios.

Good point well made.

I was just thinking out loud and working a way around such an issue.

Might be buying a ballistics jacket soon....just in case haha.