Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Win 10 Key logging and tracking ALL your moves
7 November 2015, 21:59,
RE: Win 10 Key logging and tracking ALL your moves
Some interesting ideas here. Has anyone considered the "grey man" approach ? After all, we are not terrorists, we are just people with some useful knowledge, a water filter and a few sacks of rice. Why draw attention from some of the brightest minds in the Government by trying to hide our Berkefeld purchases behind well-known protocols ?
7 November 2015, 22:49,
With respect Steve, thats a little naieve. I don't quite understand your approach of being "the grey man" with having everything in the open.

Being self reliant and not reliant on the state will mean for example that we don't follow the sheep into the refugee camps when disaster strikes. That on its own makes us "someone of interest".

A useful analogy would be the Stasi in East Germany during the bad days. See the film "Lives of others" for an interesting watch. The Stasi's idea was to know everything about everyone.

We may not be terrorists but I for one am not going to make "The Man's" life any easier.
Pay by Cash - walk in the shadows
7 November 2015, 22:57,
We may not be terrorists but I for one am not going to make "The Man's" life any easier.

Says she who walks around all day looking like Lilly Savages older sister Smile

8 November 2015, 00:35,
(7 November 2015, 22:49)River Song Wrote: With respect Steve, thats a little naieve. I don't quite understand your approach of being "the grey man" with having everything in the open.

Being self reliant and not reliant on the state will mean for example that we don't follow the sheep into the refugee camps when disaster strikes. That on its own makes us "someone of interest".

A useful analogy would be the Stasi in East Germany during the bad days. See the film "Lives of others" for an interesting watch. The Stasi's idea was to know everything about everyone.

Let's think on this then, interesting subject.

For the sake of discussion, ponder this viewpoint.

If we are "someone of interest" because we don't follow the sheep to the refugee camp then we will be that person anyway. If we had something to hide, something we really didn't want the authorities to know about, we wouldn't use public comms to talk about it- encrypted or not - so why would we want to flag ourselves as "persons of interest" by using encrypted comms for stuff that is entirely innocent ? It just makes us look suspicious and draws attention to ourselves. If TPTB want to find us they will, they are well resourced, don't kid yourself that you can hide - if they want to find out what you are doing they can and will pull your bank / credit / phone / medical / employment / vehicle ownership / movement / title deeds / family history / education etc., etc records.

They will deduce who you know, where you go, and what you do.

But, this takes resources - resources they will not use on just anyone, just on "persons of interest" - the type of people who use encrypted communications.

Of course, this is in a different league from simply buying a sack of extra rice with cash.
8 November 2015, 08:44,
The trick is Steve is to have multiple identities - "You are never alone with schitzophrenia"

One person - does all the normal stuff - pay by card - direct debits - all the things that Mr Citizzen should do. That is probably your real identity.

But also nurture a second that NEVER appears unencrypted.

The "Lily Savage's older sister" persona is only one
8 November 2015, 09:55,
We are not paranoid, we KNOW they are out to get us.

8 November 2015, 11:10, (This post was last modified: 8 November 2015, 11:20 by BeardyMan.)
(8 November 2015, 00:35)Steve Wrote: But, this takes resources - resources they will not use on just anyone, just on "persons of interest" - the type of people who use encrypted communications.

So the greater the number of people who encrypt / obfuscate their online activity and Comms means the 'persons of interest' list grew until it's meaningless...

Remember echelon? I found the wordlist online, set it to 1pt font in white and stuck it on every email account, website signature, everywhere I could find. The more positive negative results that are produced the better.

You can't beat them, but you can certainly fuck with their data...

Anyway, this isn't just protecting you from government snooping... it protects you from people who want to rip you off, empty your bank accounts and clone your identity...

And be careful when you log onto one of those 'free wi-fi' hotspots, or even your own AP... you never know who could be sat in the middle, listening... Angel
8 November 2015, 13:27,
Aren't tor users just spied on automatically for using tor since the powers that be deem using it at all as "something to hide"?
8 November 2015, 13:33,
re TOR - they may find the metadata (with a lot of work) but they still can't read the text,
8 November 2015, 13:54,
I thought TOR was created by the US Govt ( Navy Dept) if anyone could beat it surely it would be thoe who created it?