Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RANT
7 November 2015, 12:22,
RANT
Doncha just love the government AND the polices logic, RURAL crime is rising fast and their response is to CUT funding to rural forces and the rural forces themselves are relocating officers and resources into towns, thus leaving the already very exposed rural communities even more vulnerable. But dare suggest we remote village dwellers (who now wait an hour for a police response) that we should be allowed shotguns for home / property defence and they treat us like we are mass murderers.

And on this very same day cops are being withdrawn from entire rural areas the government deciding rural areas do not needs cops (EG under the new figures Durham cops were meant to fall from 1700 to 1200 but now this huge county will have only 800) we find the same idiot government announcing that BROADBAND is an essential basic human right.

FUCK ME SIDEWAYS, what is the broadband for? so we can watch our wives and children being raped and murdered over Skype in our rural village???

7 November 2015, 13:29,
RE: RANT
I have lived in Norfolk for just over twenty years and in that wonderfully pleasant time I have only seen one - yes ONE - police patrol actually walking up our lane. He was somewhat put out when I asked him to wait while I took a Photo to record this 'event'. This happened some fifteen or so years ago. Before then nothing - since then nothing, not even regular patrol cars.
During my time here I have been informed that our County Council no longer employ Policemen and Policewomen but they do employ Police Officers. I am none too sure of why there is a difference in the title but word has it that their job description has changed along with the title. It would be interesting to find out just what a Police Officer is employed to do.
Any ideas?
7 November 2015, 14:52,
dunno what they DO do, but I know what they don't do any more

Community Police patrolling
Anti speeding in village campaigns
Attend Burglar alarm activations
Attend Burglaries
Attend Shoplifting
Attend theft FROM Gardens, greenhouses, sheds or workshops
Attend acts of Vandalism
Attend acts of Graffitti
Attend theft OF motor vehicles
Attend theft FROM motor vehicles
Attend criminal damage TO vehicles
Attend accidents where no one is hurt
Attend theft of FARM equipment
Attend theft of Livestock
Attend theft of agri diesel
Attend anti social behaviour
Attend reports of poaching
Attend reports of Tresspass
Attend theft from boats and vessels
Attend theft OF boats and vessels
Attend credit card fraud
Attend Cyber crime

And they are now saying they wont attend Remembrance parades.

Don't tax your car, neglect your tacograph, drive 5 MPH over the limit, use red diesel and by god they will crucify you, plus any other easy tax raising crimes gets their full attention.

7 November 2015, 18:17,
Actually NR, a load of that is rubbish. They attend a lot on the list you reckon they don't. I know from either personal experiences or experiences of friends & family. And some parts of northumbria are a lot more rural than Durham IMO.

You were all for moving to the sticks last time you were here, even actively encouraging people to do the same & knocking those (me included) who choose not to. Now you're complaining because the police are cutting back on less populated places in favour of more populated places in an effort to best spend the limited resources they have.

There's an old saying. You can't have your cake & eat it. I think it applies to this situation perfectly.

However, just to put a different angle on it. I'd be quite happy if I never have to see or deal with another copper again until the day they close the lid on my box. Sadly this won't be the case as I need to contact them about my shotgun & firearms licences, which will probably involve another home visit.
7 November 2015, 18:33,
Not looking for an argument Rob,, your points are as valid as mine, but when I ran the Neighbourhood watch group in our previous town those crimes were all stuff the cops SAID they would not attend or HAD refused to attend or have been documented in the media as refusing to attend. Yup both Northumbria and Durham have plenty of very remote areas and crime is rising fast in those areas and yet the cops are being relocated back into the towns.

I am delighted to be living out and town and would still encourage people capable or wanting to get out to do so, the point I was making ( I thought clearly) That apparently fast broadband is more vital than fighting crime to our useless government. And I think you will also accept that when you pointed out my totally negative attitude towards URBAN preppers I totally accepted it, apologised as much as I could and put massive effort into writing as many PRO Urban survival articles as I could.

7 November 2015, 18:48,
I absolutely agree the govt is backwards as usual & also agree some of the other points you make in response to my last post.
7 November 2015, 18:50, (This post was last modified: 7 November 2015, 18:59 by NorthernRaider.)
This first article is one I drew upon in part.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/cri...54567.html

Just quickly flicked through my files and since you are other ABSOLUTELY CORRECTLY pulled me up about my totally negative attitude towards urban prepping I am averaging 60% general / rural posts and 40% urban with 24 articles solely focused on Urban prepping since April 14. Not posted much here on SUK because its changed so much.

8 November 2015, 12:02,
despite what has been said about rural crime, living on the very outskirts of a rural small market town in a farming area, we have little or no crime, but the local papers are full of crime committed in and by people living in a larger Urban centre 25 miles away.
I haven't spoken to a copper in 16 years but I did it all the time when living in a city.
and I wont be speaking to one again if reports are correct, pretty soon the only open police stations will be the ones in cities, they are closing all the rural ones here within the next 5 years.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
9 November 2015, 01:04,
Police EVERYWHERE in Peterborough... Can't go into town without passing a multitude of them. They don't bother me though, they're too busy with the fucking Polaks stabbing each other.

Called them last week to report a drink driver, stumbled into his car, then we followed him whilst on the phone to the police, gave them his home address... 'ah, well, he's not actually *driving* now is he sir. So we won't attend' I shit you not... next time it'll have to be a citizens arrest, but then is it worth it? I'll probably spend more time locked up than they will. Obviously it'll be classed as racially motivated, me being English and him being foreign. Sod it, I'll just do what the police do and turn a blind eye...