Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EDC knives
9 November 2015, 01:29,
RE: EDC knives
Enzo PK70 / Bark River Pocket Bravo in pocket, most days. ESEE arrowhead in boot pocket along with a couple of Colt ones. Got a lovely little Boker Tree Brand knife too which I rotate in. Bought a matching pair, one wood handled, one pearl. If I'm wearing a suit then I'll take the boker ceramic blade, cause it's nice and slim (and has no metal parts...)
Then there's the SOG Micron and the Spyderco Bug that I'll sometimes pocket.
Also can't go too far wrong with an opinel. Number 7 mainly.

Good to have options...
9 November 2015, 11:22,
Unless of course you are a martial arts instructor in Kendo--Iado---Hema and then you can walk around all day perfectly legal carrying a live blade sword in a cloth bag, because you would be going to give private lessons--or maybe transporting said sword to someones house. As long as it is covered up and not on open display. Crazy but true.
9 November 2015, 11:58,
(9 November 2015, 11:22)Tartar Horde Wrote: Unless of course you are a martial arts instructor in Kendo--Iado---Hema and then you can walk around all day perfectly legal carrying a live blade sword in a cloth bag, because you would be going to give private lessons--or maybe transporting said sword to someones house. As long as it is covered up and not on open display. Crazy but true.

Been trying to find a kendo class round here. Closest one appears to be in Cambridge (too far for me) so I'm off to ninjutsu tonight instead. They do weapon forms, only thing in my area I can find that does!
9 November 2015, 14:56,
there's something pointy in just about every coat I own's pocket...some legal some not , opinel and victorinox in the main opinel not legal victorinox legal....I don't really consider the implication's of which knife is in which pocket at which time because as a normal looking(ish)well behaved(ish)upstanding member of the public going about my normal business I wouldn't expect to be stopped and searched ever!
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
9 November 2015, 16:11,
been stocking up on Mora fixed blades so that everyone in the group gets one of there very own in times of need.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
9 November 2015, 19:38,
If you want to go fully legal with the opinels Mo just pop the vibrolock ring off. Easiest way is to lock it when the blade is closed and the force it open. Pops right off. Also very easy to get back on.
10 November 2015, 03:58,
Agree that the Mora fixed blades in whatever size is affordable and plentiful, is great to stash everywhere! Also a Leatherman Super Tool or equivalent and at least a 10cm, better 20cm, widgy bar with chisel edge on one end, gas wrench and tear drop pinch puller in the middle and angled nail puller on the other end. A standard EOD tool, our issue ones were titanium, so as to be non-sparking, but a cheap tool steel version is fine if there are no IEDs in your estate yet....

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
10 November 2015, 19:35,
Are there no HEMA (European Martial arts) near you beardy?
You would find that very usefull and pertinent. If you let us know the area you live in I could search for a club or tuition.
10 November 2015, 20:03,
(10 November 2015, 19:35)Tartar Horde Wrote: Are there no HEMA (European Martial arts) near you beardy?
You would find that very usefull and pertinent. If you let us know the area you live in I could search for a club or tuition.

Not that I know of TH. Did Bujinkan last night, great fun. Some bokken work, attack and defence. Lots of being thrown around. Forgot not everyone trains full contact (or even with much pressure) - but I'm only really going to get some hanbo an bo work in.

Thanks TH, that's very kind. I'm based in Peterborough chap, a club would be grand, tuition too depending on how much it's going to be. I'm poor now!!
26 April 2016, 14:01,
Video  RE: EDC knives
This is one of my EDC knifes and yes it is UK legal but its nasty looking and your most likely get nicked for having it.

Boker XS Folder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BC5U5ZM_cGs