Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automatic gunfire in Paris 9PM Fri
15 November 2015, 00:58,
RE: Automatic gunfire in Paris 9PM Fri
From a personal perspective I think the number of hits must tell you something.
Also the number of contributors must tell you something as well.
Further to this must come the quality of the content from these contributors.
Added to this is the fact that most viewers will be trying to get a flavour of what others think about all of this and whether or not they have anything to add.
As far as I am concerned I feel that the activity in Paris is shocking and that the authorities must face up to the fact that up to now their responses to what is going on is totally inadequate. The same applies to UK.
Quite why it takes the authorities so long to react to this sort of thing is amazing from the prevention is better than cure aspect.
Enough said for today.
15 November 2015, 02:34,
(14 November 2015, 18:50)NorthernRaider Wrote: Of course it dies my dear friend, But I cannot discount the needs of Urban preppers either and am always keen to explore any and all options, I hope my post did not offend you?

Sheesh at 10AM this morning 12 hours after the worst terror attack in Europe since 2004 occurred I wrote
'90 views and 2 responses, this forum is beyond saving, I give up trying. '

Now at 18.30 hours I see 354 views and only half a dozen contributors, is this forum actually worth bothering with any more?

Sorry, been out and have only just got back, but no, no offence, you know me better than that!

As for the forum, yes the volume of input is small, but the quality (I think) surpasses anything else we have in the UK. It is about the only place where we can sensibly discuss these issues from a UK perspective. So don't give up!
15 November 2015, 09:13,
Without in any way detracting from the seriousness of the situation, I am starting to wonder how long it will take for people to start to react without the usual multicultural-it's not all-muslims- let's make this work crap.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
15 November 2015, 10:38,
(15 November 2015, 09:13)MaryN Wrote: Without in any way detracting from the seriousness of the situation, I am starting to wonder how long it will take for people to start to react without the usual multicultural-it's not all-muslims- let's make this work crap.

They already are, look at what is being said on the likes of Facebook or even what Corbyn is saying.
15 November 2015, 10:38, (This post was last modified: 15 November 2015, 11:05 by NorthernRaider.)
Mary the BBC started that last night and Sky followed suite this morning, usual 'tiny minority' crap. BOLLOCKS how can a tiny minority carry out mass atrocities from Beslan, Moscow, New York, Madrid, Bali, Paris TWICE, Sharm El Shiek, Cairo, Mogadishu, places in Somalia, Sudan, Kenya, Ethiopia, Chechnya, London, Mumbai, Kabul etc etc Come on tell me how a TINY MINORITY can carry out a GLOBAL CAMPAIGN OF TERROR with a HUGE, a MASSIVE support structure????

The UK govt says 700 British passport holders went to join ISIS, so WHO funded them, who helped them, who covered up for them, who trained them, who radicalised them so for 700 to go they must have 7000 supporters HERE.

Mary on Andrew Marr Mrs may the Home sec is saying they have massively increased spending on anti terrorism plans, the bit they don't mention is most of it gets spent on protecting THEM.

The Next BBC show Sunday morning live or something as expected has the token tolerant Muslim spokesman and of course exactly as I expected the dreadful anti British lefty Jasmin Alibi Brown of the Guardian, so you KNOW the white wash will continue. ( tiny minority, radicalised few, Britain is the blame, multi culturalism is great types)

The bit I cannot fathom out is how this TINY MINORITY of Muslim extremists can fight full blown conflicts from Eastern Russia to Pakistan to Afghanistan to Iraq to Syria, to Yemen, to Sudan to Kenya to Ethiopia to Egypt to Nigeria, to Libya to Chechnya to Morroco to Algeria to Mali. This tiny minority of extremist must be bloody mobile and able to pass through dozens of borders unchecked.

15 November 2015, 11:06,
NR - Yes I see particularly the Beeb had a little side story on its front page "Muslim who helped two women" --- see "Not all of them are bad" but as you or someone else said even if its 1% its an awful lot.

With regard to your catalogue of locations inferring a huge support structure --- well I think there is a support structure -- there must have been for Paris to have happened with all those attacked simultaneously but lets not get the impression that either ISIS or AQ are this huge structure - 'monolithic" in its definition.

It's more like a kind of franchise --- a group of people who support ISIS or AQ's
call themselves that locally and commit their terrorist act.

You could kind of say that its their way of saying "Je suis ISIS".

Im certainly not making excuses. Questions arise as do we take the war to them, fo we secure our own borders, lives etc, or do we do both.

For a lockdown situation at home, all the usual routines for Bug-IN have got to be bought into play, There;s nothing new to say unless someone else has got ideas.
15 November 2015, 11:24, (This post was last modified: 15 November 2015, 11:26 by NorthernRaider.)
'With regard to your catalogue of locations inferring a huge support structure --- well I think there is a support structure -- there must have been for Paris to have happened with all those attacked simultaneously but lets not get the impression that either ISIS or AQ are this huge structure - 'monolithic" in its definition.'RS

Good point Mon Cheri, I probably did not explain myself very well, what I mean is that for every Islamic extremist they must have the tacit support / sympathy of many other members of their communities. I think a lot of funding comes from collections to sus charities and collections in mosques from sympathisers. NR
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Im certainly not making excuses. Questions arise as do we take the war to them, fo we secure our own borders, lives etc, or do we do both.
For a lockdown situation at home, all the usual routines for Bug-IN have got to be bought into play, There's nothing new to say unless someone else has got ideas. 'RS

I prefer to do anything to avoid war or the all encompassing aspects of a police state, the former leads to unnecessary deaths on both sides, the latter means everyone is assumed to be guilty and we end up in a totalitarian police state.
I prefer the most costly, uncomfortable and emotionally hard option of segregation........ I feel the only way we in the west can be safe and the muslim community can live freely as it choses is if we are segregated, us in Europe them in the middle east and north Africa. I say that NOT out of hatred but out of the sad realisation that we have been trying to kill each other since the 7th century and the only times things are remotely peaceful is when the two cultures are geographically divided.

But that is NOT what we are here to discus, I want POSITIVE suggestions for making the lives of our community safer and more secure.

Devon stop pretending you have a social life "Sorry, been out and have only just got back," You are SUKs version of Stuart the comic book store dude off Big Bang Theory Smile Smile

15 November 2015, 11:57, (This post was last modified: 15 November 2015, 11:58 by River Song.)
OK so some positive suggestions for making the lives of our community safer and more secure.

1. Search ALL lorries entering the UK - Strict Immigration checks. Yes it will mean long queues and delays put thats the price we have to pay. Stop all eurostar trains at Folkestone for on-train passport checks in addition to those in Paris and Brussels.
If we have serious floods of migrants in the future - close the tunnel - if necessary flood it. Keep the borders safe.

2. Personal Home - Secure the home as best as possible without it LOOKING obvious, i.e. no metal windows shutters. I like the idea of 3M Window Film. Usual line of sight defnses. CCTV front and back. If things start going pear shaped, we will need 24/7 watches set up - Train family. Water and Food storage - Plan for at least 3 month lockdown. Electricitiy -

3. Community - if there is any way of blocking access to the hordes then do so. Defense - Plenty of written material available - I did have an old Civil defnse manual from Switzerland -- think about comms within your area -- You may need to take switzerlands ideas and blow up roads and bridges - Your own radio station --

Add to this as you wish ...........

as a postscript to NS last post. Seperate? Equal but Seperate? There was a word for that and it was Apartheid but you may be right
15 November 2015, 12:07,
Quite honestly, NR, I don't think there is a definitive answer for this mess. We have a government that makes a jellyfish look like a muscleman, so I don't think we can expect much action from them. As a family unit, we already practice basic care - OH is ex services so he has made some good points about security. Great. We also already practice what my Sis calls "the body swerve" - avoid muslim hotspots, trade units etc etc like the veritable plague. But for the majority of people locked in large built up areas - hell, I dunno. Are we going to wait for activity to kick off in this country and then react to it, or do we become proactive, and how??

Any clues anyone??
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
15 November 2015, 12:08,
(15 November 2015, 11:24)NorthernRaider Wrote: Devon stop pretending you have a social life "Sorry, been out and have only just got back," You are SUKs version of Stuart the comic book store dude off Big Bang Theory Smile Smile

Snigger......

Right I'm off out for Sunday Lunch LOL!