Poll: How many of us have had First Aid training?
Never and not intending to
Never, but planning to in the next year. Course arranged
Never, but planning to in the next three years
Never, but planning to sometime
Yes, within the last year
Yes, within the last five years
Yes,over five years ago
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How many of us have actually taken First Aid courses?
11 November 2011, 20:30,
RE: How many of us have actually taken First Aid courses?
I do refreshers when I can blag some agency or organisation to pay for the course costs, must have nearly £500 worth of supplies stashed now for medical kits and just about to order a couple more dental kits and some disposable scalples. Helps being married to an EN/ RGN/RSCN, PHD Smile

12 November 2011, 19:42,
I have had news today that the Red Cross are having a First Aid Course in January, in the town I live in. I do hope it is not cancelled like last January. I find it hard to wait. Kenneth Eames.
13 November 2011, 15:34,
i was a trained first aider when i was employed in the Building Trade. many eons ago, havent taken one since.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 November 2011, 20:09,
As a registered childminder I have to take a first aid course every 3 years.
13 November 2011, 21:44,
well just the usual army combat stuff.... bullet wounds etc.. funny tho the Army training mainly consists of lauging your arse off if your mate gets shot (non serious of course) and if your mates a bit of a p**sy sticking your finger in the wound and jiggling it about a bit, gets a hilarious reaction, has to be seen to be believed.!!! joking aside the Army training is quite thorough very good if you ask me, cant be beat, possibly brutal sometimes depending on the injury but... the end result is saving a life so the jobs a good un.
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
3 December 2011, 21:23,
I did ST John Ambulance Lifesaver first aid course this year, basic but good stuff to know.
10 January 2012, 09:44,
I did a first aid course at uni. Well technically I did 2, but the second was more like a certificate signing.

Also did a 'Lifeguard LifeSaver' course in Florida when I worked there for a few months.

I'm looking into doing more first aid stuff though. It's probably one of the most important skills once you have stabilised yourself and your family.
10 January 2012, 10:08,
I took an emergency first aid course which work paid for, my wife took the same one so it was a nice way to trick her into learning a survival skill Wink
10 January 2012, 15:31,
i like the new ad by Vinnie Jones for CPR! makes it so simple anyone can do it, but what are the legal ramifications if your only an amateur not a medical professional??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
10 January 2012, 15:33,
You just only help people near canals or bridges, that way if you pluck it up, you just shove them off the bridge or in the canal and walk away with that innocent whistle.....Tongue
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."