Poll: How many of us have had First Aid training?
Never and not intending to
Never, but planning to in the next year. Course arranged
Never, but planning to in the next three years
Never, but planning to sometime
Yes, within the last year
Yes, within the last five years
Yes,over five years ago
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How many of us have actually taken First Aid courses?
10 January 2012, 15:48,
RE: How many of us have actually taken First Aid courses?
(10 January 2012, 15:33)mikebratcher69 Wrote: You just only help people near canals or bridges, that way if you pluck it up, you just shove them off the bridge or in the canal and walk away with that innocent whistle.....Tongue
oh i'm good at that, plucking things up-i meanTongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
4 March 2012, 19:13, (This post was last modified: 4 March 2012, 19:18 by Prepared Chick.)
(10 January 2012, 15:31)bigpaul Wrote: i like the new ad by Vinnie Jones for CPR! makes it so simple anyone can do it, but what are the legal ramifications if your only an amateur not a medical professional??

Would a person who is not breathing really care???? Undecided

I would think if there is no medical professional around its better to give some kind of assistance than non at all. Plus you may actually save their life - so I would go for it if the circumstances arrived

I have been a qualified first aider for some time. Since qualifying i have treated 3 people on the job - 1 had an Epileptic fit, another was slipping into diabetic coma and the other cardic arrest.

When I took the course - I remember thinking would I be able to perform and get it right if I had to assist someone - but when called to actually perform I was ok - really calm. I tend to very calm under pressure - its when the moment passes, then I tend to panic!! :-)
5 March 2012, 14:08,
I haven't, but the missus thankfully has. She's quite competent actually. I think she can even perform emergency tracheaeotema if necessary. That's what she tells me anyway, I'm beginning to wonder why I keep waking up with the knife against my windpipe...
5 March 2012, 14:17,
(5 March 2012, 14:08)00111001 Wrote: I haven't, but the missus thankfully has. She's quite competent actually. I think she can even perform emergency tracheaeotema if necessary. That's what she tells me anyway, I'm beginning to wonder why I keep waking up with the knife against my windpipe...

That's better than waking up without a knife there........oh wait, no it's not. Well, at least she doesn't use that knife and then say, "Give me your wallet."
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
5 March 2012, 14:21,
(5 March 2012, 14:17)Scythe13 Wrote: That's better than waking up without a knife there........oh wait, no it's not. Well, at least she doesn't use that knife and then say, "Give me your wallet."

She doesn't need to ask for the wallet, she already has it!

I'm trying to find a child first aid course (for adults though, but first aid on children) for a sensible price. They seem pretty expensive though! Cheapest I've found one is about £100 for a couple of hours.

Obviously it'd be worth it, but £200 for an afternoon for the both of us is pretty steep.
5 March 2012, 14:28,
(5 March 2012, 14:21)00111001 Wrote:
(5 March 2012, 14:17)Scythe13 Wrote: That's better than waking up without a knife there........oh wait, no it's not. Well, at least she doesn't use that knife and then say, "Give me your wallet."

She doesn't need to ask for the wallet, she already has it!

I'm trying to find a child first aid course (for adults though, but first aid on children) for a sensible price. They seem pretty expensive though! Cheapest I've found one is about £100 for a couple of hours.

Obviously it'd be worth it, but £200 for an afternoon for the both of us is pretty steep.

One on the cause, try to video the whole thing, then that person teach the one that didn't go on the course. Alternatively, get a weekend job working with kids, then ask about becoming first aid qualified with children. Or maybe even a job as a life-guard. They'll teach you first aid on kids there.
5 March 2012, 14:30,
(5 March 2012, 14:28)Scythe13 Wrote: Or maybe even a job as a life-guard.

Now that I could do. Fat people float, so I'm a walking buoyancy aid.
5 March 2012, 14:34,
(5 March 2012, 14:30)00111001 Wrote:

Sold! You can come on some white water rapids with me haha.
5 March 2012, 14:48,
(5 March 2012, 14:34)Scythe13 Wrote:

Ha, I'll probably block them! The Human Dam!
5 March 2012, 14:55,
(5 March 2012, 14:48)00111001 Wrote:
(5 March 2012, 14:34)Scythe13 Wrote:

Ha, I'll probably block them! The Human Dam!

Mate, if you are that big, you should check your fitness out. I'm not being harsh, but health is a HUGE part of life after TSHTF.