Poll: How many of us have had First Aid training?
Never and not intending to
Never, but planning to in the next year. Course arranged
Never, but planning to in the next three years
Never, but planning to sometime
Yes, within the last year
Yes, within the last five years
Yes,over five years ago
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How many of us have actually taken First Aid courses?
5 March 2012, 14:57,
RE: How many of us have actually taken First Aid courses?
(5 March 2012, 14:55)Scythe13 Wrote:
(5 March 2012, 14:48)00111001 Wrote:
(5 March 2012, 14:34)Scythe13 Wrote:
(5 March 2012, 14:30)00111001 Wrote:
(5 March 2012, 14:28)Scythe13 Wrote: Or maybe even a job as a life-guard.

Now that I could do. Fat people float, so I'm a walking buoyancy aid.

Sold! You can come on some white water rapids with me haha.

Ha, I'll probably block them! The Human Dam!

Mate, if you are that big, you should check your fitness out. I'm not being harsh, but health is a HUGE part of life after TSHTF.

I am exaggerating in all fairness. 6'2, 17ish stone. I'd be alright if I laid of the beer an bud Wink
13 March 2013, 17:54,
I'm a former US Coast Guard Emergency Medical Technician. Worked during high school in a hospital hematology lab and all through college as the orthopaedic tech in a downtown Chicago hospital (used to call the emergency room "The Saturday Night Knife & Gun Club"). I got my EMT-A in 1977 and was a weekend warrior in the Coast Guard (sort of a cross between the RNR and the RNLI) until 1994. I still keep up with the literature, have a well stocked medical kit, and could probably barter my skills if necessary. Meanwhile, take two aspirin and call me in the morning... Big Grin JP
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
13 March 2013, 18:22,
Applied for st.johns last year, due to them rejigging everything I got told I would wait untill this year. People who I put down as referances heard from them a couple of weeks ago so fingers crossed I can start volunteering with them.
13 March 2013, 18:50,
I have first aider training comming up at work (hopefully soon) so i will do it again then
Used to do life saver training (from the pool) too
13 March 2013, 19:08,
I'm a first aider, a reasonably active one at that due to the nature of my workplace.

I've had to deal with mild heart attacks, Burns, cuts with sharp implements, cuts with blunt implements.

Due for a refresher this year I think.
13 March 2013, 21:09,
I did loads in the Army, but only one short course since,.....and that was more than five years ago

Bracken [ my wife on this site for those new members ] is a trainer carer, and used to work for `Crossroads`
A major part of survival is invisibility.
10 May 2013, 12:10,
(28 August 2011, 19:49)Skean Dhude Wrote: Just wondering how many of us have taken First Aid courses and how recently.

I recentely completed 3 day course, every year to two years we have to do a mandatory course. When I was at college 12 years ago I was up to 2nd year nursing but that wasnt the route I wished to take. I do all the basics in the hospital I work in and when the nurses are busy we all do a little more.
10 May 2013, 13:36,
I did a basic first aid course at work, during my guard training many years ago, emphasis was on keeping yourself alive until you got to a phone, or you missed your check call. Further training along the lines of, keeping yourself alive in a bike crash. or first bike on scene of a crash. Mainly trauma, heart attacks, or putting a tourniquet or splint on a limb. shows how long ago that was.
10 May 2013, 13:51,
was a registered first aider when i was on the building sites some 20 odd years ago, i think i still remember a lot of it and i read my manual again every so often.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 May 2013, 19:26,
I was first aid qualified in army cadets. Then started teaching other cadets.and In order to make sure I remembered it all I wrote it all into a first aid book so I would never forget any of it. (I hope)