Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First self defence class tonight
15 January 2012, 21:13,
RE: First self defence class tonight
Fishing will do, i write fishing articles as a side line on coarse, game and sea. Im putting together some articles for Skean.
14 September 2012, 22:55,
(13 January 2012, 12:48)NorthernRaider Wrote: Actually I think the chances are greatest of a child needing self defence skills is in what passes for schools these days, Thats why though my lad is taught how to safely handle a knife I focus on teaching him self defence using items he will normally have in school. IE primarily the PEN, a good sold metal bodied pen, and a drawing compass, his bag and his sturdy school shoes, his cousin i tought to use her sold hard nylon hair brush she keeps in her school bag. I'm hoping to get my son a stainless steel 6 inch ruler to keep in his pocket which is useful for far more uses than measuring.

aaah those metal rulers Smile i remember those at school, hit my mate so hard on the knuckle you could see the bone xD...very useful things Smile
28 February 2013, 18:44,
My teen daughter is into the outdoors stuff and will camp, fish, garden, shoot, handle knives, etc with me. The one thing I can never get her interested in is self defence. I dont expect her to kick anyone's butt, just want her to know couple key moves- strike and run as fast as you can. I've gone over some with her from time to time, but her hearts not in it. Ah well, I'll just keep trying.
28 February 2013, 18:50,
i used to have to watch my back when i lived in a city but TBH i havent had to do it so much (but old habits die hard) since i left the city, country life is much more laid back and apart from 1 neighbour i had to sort out when we moved here(now adays we just ignore each other..they dont existTongue) life is good!Big GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 February 2013, 20:00,
(28 February 2013, 18:44)Rush2112 Wrote: My teen daughter is into the outdoors stuff and will camp, fish, garden, shoot, handle knives, etc with me. The one thing I can never get her interested in is self defence. I dont expect her to kick anyone's butt, just want her to know couple key moves- strike and run as fast as you can. I've gone over some with her from time to time, but her hearts not in it. Ah well, I'll just keep trying.

Aye but the lass will be fitter than most teens and utterly comfortable with a knife or hatchet or gun so shes halfway ready Smile

28 February 2013, 22:48,
I was going to look for this thread again and update you. He is well on the road to self defence he has just passed his orange belt grading.
We changed instructors he is now taught by black belt sixth dan. He can only become a seventh dan by going to Korea to be graded.

The power he can now generate by punching has to be seen to believe he recently winded his poor old uncle cracking punch he throw.
Failure is NOT an option
28 February 2013, 23:03,
This thread is making me feel very punny,... Smile

Well done everyone for giving their children the opportunity to take part in these things, its a pity that society makes us think that we need to do it at all,...our generation was able to enjoy childhood , I have no doubt that today's kids enjoy life too, but its a sad fact that we feel we have to point them towards the need to protect themselves

I also think that they should start as early as possible, if they grow up with the sports, then they will never tire of it
A major part of survival is invisibility.
28 February 2013, 23:59,
You have to use your head these days in london,You can act in self defence to protect yourself and the next minute you have 20 people at your doorstep ready to lynch you.

My old man always said if someone bothers you kick em in the fuckin bollox and nut em, but its not that simply any more.
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king