Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW terror attack in hotel in MALI
20 November 2015, 20:26,
RE: NEW terror attack in hotel in MALI
You go for it, RS, don't hold back! I think most of us would probably agree with you.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
20 November 2015, 20:47, (This post was last modified: 20 November 2015, 20:54 by NorthernRaider.)
I disagree all of the faiths can and have screwed up big time in recent history, the Amritsar massacre of Sikhs, the Hindus bombing the train full of Muslim pilgrims, the Catholic Americans persecuting the Mormons in the 1800s, the Mennonites and Amish repression still going on today, WHITE jews making Black jews lives hell. Han Chinese persecution of the Falun Gong, Catholics still giving South American non Catholics hell. We can even today still do terrible things in the name of religion.

Where I think it differs / varies with Islam as the FORCED or COERCED expansion of Islam by any and all means is deeply routed in their faith. The Bloody Saudis et al as a country make a business of funding and encouraging the expansion of the most Brutal forms of Islam in any country they can.

It is in their scriptures , where as other faiths must adhere to their beliefs within themselves and their families, Islam is an entire political, social, financial, religious way of life and governance and in its scriptures there is NO room for debate, and question of the word of their prophet is forbidden, and I am told ( hopefully rightly) All muslims must strive to be the best Muslims they can be and that can only be achieved in full Islamic countries ran under Sharia law, with no pollution from other beliefs.

Millions live peacefully by those rules by being rational, but equally millions more live to the very word of the prophet like in Yeman Afganistan, much of tribal Pakistan, Saidi, Northern Sudan, Bangladesh etc.

No Crusades please they did not work in Vlads time, Cids time or Richards time, its always a bloody draw.

Soooooo bollocks to bad guys of what ever flavour, what can we do to ensure WE don't become victims of any bad guys, and realistically we have to find a way to live WITH all the various religious and political factions even (spit) lefties Smile

Oh and just be to clear, I think Steve views, Robs Views, Rivers Views and all views have equal respected values,

20 November 2015, 20:57,
(20 November 2015, 20:06)NorthernRaider Wrote: please don't take this as a personal attack Steve this is just two adults with genuinely held opposing views.

I'm all grown up NR, so I'm not going to take offence when you post your opinions. Sometimes I appear as a devils advocate, but if we don't view the whole picture we narrow our view, become mainstream, and miss important details.

Perhaps looking beyond the obvious media-led position is a useful prepper skill, I've generally left the beaten track and it's worked fine for me.

PS/ I've probably written before - I actually signed up here due to NR's posts on another site. I thought he had a view worth looking at, and still do.
20 November 2015, 20:58, (This post was last modified: 20 November 2015, 21:04 by NorthernRaider.)
Oh wouldn't it be nice for us only to have to worry about natural and industrial disasters because we stopped killing and hating each other, I'm glad I'm getting old cos I really don't like the world is going, and my heart is heavy thinking about what a shithole we are going to leave to our children.

Oh Christ Steve, I'm feeling very humbled at this moment ( bleeding wife is shouting it wont last) Sometime we have to be contentious and push the boundaries of commonly held respects and beliefs if for no other reason to find any and all ways of ensuring we are doing EVERYTHING we humanely can to protect our loved ones in what is to be frank rather a shitty world.

I had the most amazing insightful chat with Geordie Rob yesterday and he opened up many interesting and conflicting issues to chew over. We are diametrically opposed in socoal and political viewpoints to the max, but we are both seeking the same things for our families. Safety, Security and a Positive future. My point is I am better informed and considered for having those disagreements with Rob and my preps can be improved from listening to his viewpoint.

20 November 2015, 21:19,
Tap, rack, BANG!

Now where did I hide that spare magazine?

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
20 November 2015, 21:39,
NR in your substantive post #22 you said that all faiths have screwed up and you're right to some extent.

However all of your examples are inter religious violence WITHIN the said country. None of them tend to go for wholesale EXPORT of terrorism.

You may be right about the crusades. But I dont apologise for the crusades. And still remember that we stopped them in spain and at the gates of Vienna (Just!)

It needs to be done again
20 November 2015, 21:43,
Well I have don't enough soldiering for one lifetime River so someone else can go, I'll fight when they come to my door.

20 November 2015, 21:50,
We will do what we always do- send our 18-21 year olds
20 November 2015, 21:59,
Send the kids belonging to the politicians, if you want to see what a real war looks like try and draft my kids.

21 November 2015, 00:56,
I agree with NR!

The children of politicians, both male and female, should be the first ones to go. There should be no gender discrimination for LGBTs or deferments for married college students with children or any PC occupations of children from the elitist ruling class. Dependents of the ruling class must set a good example and go first. First the President's daughters, the sons and daughters of his cabinet, the Senate, House of Representatives, the Supreme Court, the Federal Courts and then those of political appointees and career civil servants in the Senior Executive Service.

After all of them have been drafted I'll send my nephews and nieces who are already National Guard and Regular Army NCOs to seriously kick their elitist backsides. If you read Senator James Webb's Book "Born Fighting," How the Scots-Irish Shaped America, it clearly expresses where I am coming from.

I'm sure that my relatives across the pond who chose not to emigrate to the colonies and remained loyal to the King can determine an appropriate set of parameters which would apply. Today we are still more alike than we are different, and I fully understand that you find the policies of my government aggravating and I certainly agree with you!

Time for a tot! Up the British, all is forgiven.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA