Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Gyrllies Islands programmes...
21 May 2015, 23:55,
Bear Gyrllies Islands programmes...
Has anyone been watching these?

Where would you have seen yourself in the foodchain?

22 May 2015, 00:44,
RE: Bear Gyrllies Islands programmes...
yeah I've seen a few episodes...loved the way the girls went round in circles for day's , i sure know that feeling.
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
22 May 2015, 01:29,
Question is though... Where do you see yourself having been, had you been one of those chosen to attend? Alpha/Alpha? Or a follower?

Do you think your stored knowledge would have been sufficient to quide and direct the others successfully, in the face of their own self-belief?

22 May 2015, 08:30,
I'd probably get fed up with the idiots and wonder off on my own.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 May 2015, 14:14,
you have to bare in mind these people were selected on the basis of making good/watchable tv , they will have been selected for any number of various reason's that will play out in an interesting way for the audience (pathetic welsh hairdresser that folded within 24 hours)pretty obvious really , angry feminist company owner , know it all retiree ....et al you could cut it on your own but why work so hard when you can share the burden...was impressed with the cayman catch and the girl's killing and eating the "pet" piglets
Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool!!!!
22 May 2015, 15:22,
Overall I thought the programme was well made and showed up the real issues that affected the group.

I enjoyed watching the whole series, found it entertaining and think those that stayed to end generally did quite well.

As for where I'd see my self in the food chain, well in that environment, humans would be pretty much top of the food chain, as the islanders demonstrated themselves.

As for where I'd fit in the group..... well that's a bit different and while I wouldn't be a follower, I also wouldn't necessarily place my in the leaders roles either, unless circumstances absolutely dictated that I needed to jump into that role for the good of the group, and no-one else was stepping forward.
22 May 2015, 15:45,
I know its only an "entertainment" programme and not to be taken seriously, but having seen previous series of this I don't think I could put up with the "group" for very long, too many moaners and lazy types, I'd get really annoyed with them and probably lose my temper-it has been known!!Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 May 2015, 19:45,
(22 May 2015, 15:45)bigpaul Wrote: I know its only an "entertainment" programme and not to be taken seriously, but having seen previous series of this I don't think I could put up with the "group" for very long, too many moaners and lazy types, I'd get really annoyed with them and probably lose my temper-it has been known!!Tongue

I reckon you should definitely apply for the next series Wink

You'd be a celebrity afterwards Smile
23 May 2015, 09:13,
I don't think so!!Big GrinBig Grin