Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Travel Channel
30 November 2015, 15:08,
The Travel Channel
The UK version of this on Freeview and BT is showing the hour long documentary on EXTREME SURVIVAL BUNKERS, its on again tonight and may be on catchup TV

30 November 2015, 18:17,
RE: The Travel Channel
That's 249 ,at 12.30 am for sky guys ,nice one NR
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
1 December 2015, 13:20,
RE: The Travel Channel
I really enjoyed that program, very informative and shows what you can do if (A) you have the funds (B) believe bunkers are viable. Over here in the UK the installation of a prefab bunker would prolly require planning and could not be done without being seen by neighbours in many cases. But in the Tornado prone US few would notice just another entrance to a storm shelter.

I suppose that's why some UK based folks tend to buy stuff like Victorian and Edwardian homes that not only have the essentials large chimneys / larders/ large often walled back gardens/ occasionally with wells but many come with substantial cellars and coal bunkers that are idea for upgrade into bunkers. If you are lucky like I was back in the 80s we had an old terraced house that someone had built a re-enforced concrete bomb shelter onto the back of the house during WW2.