Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Economic probs again
13 January 2012, 17:03,
Economic probs again
Mate of mine in Londonistan reckons the credit rating companies are going to downgrade France very soon, Plus the UK is likely to slip into recession again. Greece's talks with its creditors over them writing off 50% of the debt has stalled. Could get hairy again, markets are a bit jittery.

Add to this the bulk of the UKs fuel tanker drivers have just voted to go on strike !!!

13 January 2012, 18:38,
RE: Economic probs again
(13 January 2012, 17:03)NorthernRaider Wrote: Mate of mine in Londonistan reckons the credit rating companies are going to downgrade France very soon, Plus the UK is likely to slip into recession again. Greece's talks with its creditors over them writing off 50% of the debt has stalled. Could get hairy again, markets are a bit jittery.

Add to this the bulk of the UKs fuel tanker drivers have just voted to go on strike !!!
saw something on lunchtime news about downgrading France's rating, bet thats got the French PM hopping mad!!Tongue just googled tanker drivers strike, apparently its "Wincanton Transport" and it affects 120 drivers at 3 oil terminals: Kingsbury in Warwickshire, Immingham in Lincolnshire & Stockton on Tees in the north west, Unite say it will hit fuel supplies in UK but mainly it will affect the Midlands and the North.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 January 2012, 21:03,
france confirm its being down grade ed talks stall with greece on about writing off 50% of its debt ??

yeah well jittery i think
14 January 2012, 07:59,
I think that we have to realise that we are in for a very bad year. We are bound to feel the repercussions of the European finance situation. Prices here will spiral and the pounds buying power will fall dramatically. Kenneth Eames.