Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ten safest countries to go to if WW3 starts
9 December 2015, 17:34, (This post was last modified: 9 December 2015, 17:43 by NorthernRaider.)
RE: Ten safest countries to go to if WW3 starts
Would'nt that be funny if it were not so damn likely !!.

I wonder where the establishment types would sod off to if something REALLY bad happened to the US / Europe/ Oz etc??
It makes me think why in recent years they have started building or improving airports in some of the oddest locations like St Helena at the same time mutterings about buying a few long haul wide bodied airbuses for government use !!!. All weather radars in the Falklands, getting pally with the Chileans.

I know the Royals have that super bunker near Calgary in Canada, and they are still tunnelling under Corsham etc and lots of rich ordinary types are buying up and fitting out retreats. Brain food for the paranoid like me Smile

In the US Greenbriers and Cheyanne Mtn are to well known, the old silos have been sold off, I wonder what the US is spending money on in remote locations these days? No not Stargate Command Smile Smile

9 December 2015, 20:13,
The old cold war era Mount Weather complex near Bluemont, VA about 50 miles west of Washington, DC, is still alive and well and houses the Federal Emergency Management Agency's Emergency Assistance Center. Several of my neighbors work there.

You can take a good look at it here: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2006/au...features11

And here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Weat...ons_Center

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
9 December 2015, 20:17,
FEMA isn't that American for " Take care of yourself you will last longer"

9 December 2015, 21:45,
Joel Skousen, writer of strategic relocation, briefly recommended Spain as a relatively safe area of Europe to relocate to if you can manage.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
9 December 2015, 21:47,
We have another slogan which fits the letter abbreviation, but it isn't suitable for polite company. Ex soldiers and sailors have sufficient vocabulary to figure it out without much trouble.

73 de KE4SKY
In
USA
9 December 2015, 21:47,
I think because it it not very likely to be caught up in geo-politcal nuclear chess, warm climate, mountainous with remote areas, language isn't too hard to grasp etc.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
9 December 2015, 22:09,
Snafu or Fubar Charlie?

10 December 2015, 03:35, (This post was last modified: 10 December 2015, 03:42 by CharlesHarris.)
Suffice to say that FEMA seems to be staffed with the political elite thugs who are educated beyond their intelligence, having advanced degrees, but no common sense or practical experience, who are great on pontificating theories and government doctrine, but fall short in technical knowledge, analytical ability and "muddy boots" leadership.

Give me a "retread" NCO or company grade officer from coast guard, marines, surface line navy, seabees, army corps of engineers, intelligence or infantry anytime. Political appointees and Senior Executive Service loyal only to an agenda, who never deployed beyond summer cruise in college can go pack sand.

A good read which I recommend highly is:

"Muddy Boots Leadership" by MAJ. John E. Chapman U.S. Army (Ret.). published by Stackpole (2006)
ISBN 0-8117-0166-2

73 de KE4SKY
In
USA
10 December 2015, 10:15,
Charles, this old adage makes me smile " Graduates are like lighthouses in a desert, Brilliant but utterly pointless" Smile

10 December 2015, 10:27,
don't expect TPTB to stay around very long once things go SNAFU, the sooner they all sod off the better.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.