Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holiday EDC
15 January 2012, 23:01,
RE: Holiday EDC
Anyway, I hate using public transport! Maybe it's the snob in me, but I'm one for driving and relying on that.

Might be going to London soonish, so it will be a case of going on a train and hating every minute of it!!! Damn trains!!!
16 January 2012, 10:54,
(15 January 2012, 23:01)Scythe13 Wrote: Anyway, I hate using public transport! Maybe it's the snob in me, but I'm one for driving and relying on that.

Might be going to London soonish, so it will be a case of going on a train and hating every minute of it!!! Damn trains!!!

I had to commute from Peterborough to Kings Cross every day, then underground from KC to Westminster. Not fun.

I could never get a seat, so I took my own camping stool an pitched up in the vestibule. Never much liked going anywhere without any sharps, so I had to keep them disguised pretty well. Obviously everything in my bag was ok, but didn't want any in my pockets. Started strapping one to my leg. Was worrying as I was in london when the student riots kicked off - had fun avoiding the police and getting to Kings Cross - they were stopping and searching loads of people. Now I don't look like a student, but I don't look like your average employee of westminster either.
16 January 2012, 11:03,
(16 January 2012, 10:54)00111001 Wrote: I had to commute from Peterborough to Kings Cross every day, then underground from KC to Westminster. Not fun.

Good god, so you must be into sadism and masochism eh? I would rather have my nads repeatedly slammed between two bricks than do that. Just the air alone would finish me off, all those diseased unhealthy city types spreading their germs around the confined carriages.

16 January 2012, 11:10,
the last time i was in London was the late 1970's, we caught one of the last tube's, there were people on that train hanging off the straps from the uprights, they all looked like Zombies! i have never been able to get that sight out of my mind ever since.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 January 2012, 11:12,
My missus goes with her herd of fellow Osmond fans every year to Londonistan, but I will only support her if she goes by minibus or taxi from KX to the Hotel, I would go ballistic if she used the tube or buses.

16 January 2012, 11:18,
(16 January 2012, 11:03)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(16 January 2012, 10:54)00111001 Wrote: I had to commute from Peterborough to Kings Cross every day, then underground from KC to Westminster. Not fun.

Good god, so you must be into sadism and masochism eh? I would rather have my nads repeatedly slammed between two bricks than do that. Just the air alone would finish me off, all those diseased unhealthy city types spreading their germs around the confined carriages.

Aye - it's not nice. I got some funny looks 6'2", bearded, wearing a dust mask, camo jacket, combats & boots, storming through the underground.
And the people are rude - I had to chuck someone off the train once - he got so close I thought he was trying to climb inside me. The first time I placed him on the platform. When he attempted to re-enter the train I had to dump him on his back on the platform. It's amazing how much free space suddenly materialises around you in a completely packed train...
16 January 2012, 11:24,
(16 January 2012, 11:18)00111001 Wrote: Aye - it's not nice. I got some funny looks 6'2", bearded, wearing a dust mask, camo jacket, combats & boots, storming through the underground.
And the people are rude - I had to chuck someone off the train once - he got so close I thought he was trying to climb inside me. The first time I placed him on the platform. When he attempted to re-enter the train I had to dump him on his back on the platform. It's amazing how much free space suddenly materialises around you in a completely packed train...

I was coming back from a drill course at Pirbright once and went through London, there was this pair of stuck up dickhead city trader types got on and tried to take my space, they were almost leaning on top of me, totally ignoring my efforts to get comfortable stood up in the corridor, so when they eventually looked at me I smiled, fluttered my eyelids and blew a kiss at em. Three seconds and I had loads of room, cant imagine why Big GrinRolleyes
Well it was either that or get them both a slap.

16 January 2012, 11:29,
I look more like the kind of person that would sell drugs to you, or stripe you up for not paying for the drugs, so I tend to get left alone pretty well. I am 27, and back in the gym. In London I wear a slash proof hoodie, which adds another inch to my size (I look fat :'( haha) but people seem to notice me and avoid eye contact. That's a pretty good safety trick. Also, if you whisper into someone's ear "I have AIDs" they tend to give you more space on the train/underground, and they are much more unlikely to want to hit you in a fight! haha.
16 January 2012, 12:03,
Sister in law used a phrase when in these situations" excuse me, you are invading my personal space"! she swears it works. i'm more likely to say "shift your A#se!" there arent many people come near me anyway, their more likely to go the other wayTongue NR says i look like Robbie Coultrane in Harry Potter!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 January 2012, 12:21,
When I worked in Westminster City Hall there were showers etc, so as soon as I found this out I'd leave clothes at work. You get more room if you've been running through the underground, and you're nice an sweaty with no deodorant. Not good if you get in the lift with the fit bird from the office though!