Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Banks preparing to rob depositors ?
1 January 2016, 10:50,
RE: Banks preparing to rob depositors ?
Just spending it rather than keeping it in a bank is just childish and immature, I am already buying all of what I need and am winding down now, keeping it under the mattress is asking to be robbed
Cyprus was a different matter, they are in the EURO zone, the UK is not, London is the financial capital of Europe despite what the Germans try to make out. stop scaring the horses!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 January 2016, 11:26,
Why do you think the establishment/ govt / bankers are so desperately keen to move everyone onto cashless electronic banking?? Convenience ?, Simplicity?, Speed? Naaaaa (1) to make it easier for them to grab your money at the push of a button (2) To see exactly what you are buying, how much you are buying, where you are buying from, where you are getting it delivered too.

Barter is the preppers friend for avoiding tax and surveillence but mainly to stop the bastards from seeing you build up comprehensive reserves of supplies.

1 January 2016, 13:02,
As they slowly roll out their control mechanisms people start to turn to other cash replacements. Bitcoins, notgeld, barter. Suits me. I never leave any money in the bank anyway.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
1 January 2016, 13:23,
we have to have a bank account, its where our pensions are paid into and where our bills are paid from.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
1 January 2016, 13:24,
BP ....stop scaring the horses ! Just spending it rather than keeping it in a bank is just childish and immature,

It is not my intention to scare anyone ! all i want to do is inform everyone pure and simple ...you could ask ...how do i think i know better.....where do i get this information ? i mean its not on the tele....its not in the papers ....one only needs to look...really look...check out THE BALTIC DRY FREIGHT INDEX for starters 473 at the last look ...its lowest level since its conception 1985 i think ..this index shows movements of ALL materials used in manufacturing ...raw materials ...this index CANNOT be fiddled.

From your comment of being childish and immature ....am i to understand that you feel the banks are not robbers and its okay for them to rip your spleen out (financially) for the greater good of all ? or THEM i should point out ....and without a black mask and swag bag...just a suit and a keyboard is far more effective and no contact with any individual required ....and done within hours.....and best of all no one sees it coming? ...you also mention a scheme where accounts are protected up to 75k ..true...just try and get your 75k the day after (where is the money) where will it come from? OR is this guarantee just another IOU paper promise or another leveraged derivative ....being a prepper does not bring automatic freedom from cause and effects of others ....it just means you can survive it better than most...for a while......we all have differing views...the one thing we all have in common is we prep for (events beyond our control) and assume we are something special and informed beings ...a cut above the sheeple...we are is the truth....but wait a while ....forget the bankers or the gov ...sheeple will be our nemesis...numbers sheer numbers
1 January 2016, 13:28,
in a lot of 3rd world places with unstable curanices they use the black market $ ,would many brits just use another curancie like the ozzy $ or new zeland [spell]

also I say again , if the banks took my cash I believe many would riot , not the I want a new pair of trainers and a flat screen but targeting the government buildings , the government itself their homes and all those who would protect them.

WOULD YOU JUST SIT ON YOUR ARSE AND WATCH IT HAPPEN.......?
Survive the jive (youtube )
1 January 2016, 13:33,
"Baltic dry freight index"???? I don't know about you SS but I don't live in the Baltic I live in good old Blighty.
do you really think the banks will just empty out everyones accounts and we all sit back and take it? hell the resulting protests would make the "Tottenham riots" look like a sunday picnic!!
more like, if it ever happens and that's a big if, it would be a percentage, the more some one has in the bank the bigger that percentage would amount to.
more likely it would have more to do with the Eurozone-which we are not a member of- rather than anything to do with the City of London, why do you think all the millionaires and ollygarks have their money in British banks??
1 January 2016, 13:41,
The £75K safety guarantee for bank deposits was £85K until very recently, soon it is likely to drop to £50K as the EU suggests.

1 January 2016, 13:44,
i'm not saying it couldn't happen, but has anyone got any ACTUAL proof? or is this just conjecture and wild accusations? some people(not you SS) just love to throw these suggestions out and see people panic just for the hell of it, got nothing better to do I suppose.
1 January 2016, 13:44,
Oh and remember how good old Labour raided millions of peoples little private pension schemes for £5 BILLION here and there, that set a precident that WILL be repeated in the future, some lefty commentators have already said private pension schemes should be banned and the funds transferred to the state pension scheme because not everyone has a private savings plan so they should be given a chunk of yours.