Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A microcosm of fear affecting one community
13 January 2016, 20:16,
RE: A microcosm of fear affecting one community
(13 January 2016, 16:30)LawAbidingCitizen Wrote: BP - I was taking about the Jewish patrols

It's the thin end of the wedge. Already, Jewish people call their own security forces and have law dispensed by their elders.

I have nothing against the Jews, I just don't like the idea of communities having their own laws.
13 January 2016, 21:21,
RE: A microcosm of fear affecting one community
(13 January 2016, 20:16)Steve Wrote:
(13 January 2016, 16:30)LawAbidingCitizen Wrote: BP - I was taking about the Jewish patrols

It's the thin end of the wedge. Already, Jewish people call their own security forces and have law dispensed by their elders.

I have nothing against the Jews, I just don't like the idea of communities having their own laws.

From my understanding they don't have their own laws and they don't have laws dispensed by their elders, they only have the power of a citizen's arrest as we all do, and they seem to act more as a deterrent, providing additional eyes and ears to alert the police to potential problems.

I do agree that the idea in itself should not be needed, but unfortunately we live in the world of now with rampant police cuts and mass societal apathy, and for me to see something like this - and living in London where the frustration of seeing criminals getting away with their antics again and again - is quite frankly a breath of fresh air.

LAC
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.