Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
14 January 2012, 21:21,

Read the headlines and see the graphs as they pop up, he likes the sound of his own voice but he's joining all the dots so we can see the picture.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Suspicious0bservers
14 January 2012, 22:03,
RE: 2012
This is my number 1. SHITHITSTHEFAN.
I honestly believe this is why we see so much global uncertainty.
You have to get up early to catch a fox.
15 January 2012, 22:57,
I believe something will happen. Even if it is mass hysteria and panic buying, just like the 'Millenium Bug' fears.

The panic buying could be an interesting situation, because it would cause people to start to buy up everything as soon as the shops were restocked. Which leads to more frenzied buying.

Whatever happens, I'm getting ready for it.
16 January 2012, 08:04,
I'm with jordansgang i feel something is going to happen maybe not the end of the world but something.
16 January 2012, 09:30, (This post was last modified: 16 January 2012, 09:31 by Scythe13.)
A friend at uni convinced me that a small planetary allignment created a large gravity pull and caused the earth to rotate off it's vertical axis. This is why the world rotates on a 7degree (or whatever it is) angle, instead of a direct vertical axis.

I think the world for the UK will be MUCH colder!!! Or the shift could bring us rotating at an even larger angel, which would cause there to be even bigger temperature extreme! Midnight would be like that in Alaska, but midday would be similar to Egyptian midday.

But who knows?!?!

The reason for my mild mannered above answer was because of previous responses people have given to my opinion.
Not on this forum though

This forum is the least judgemental, and the least mental. And it allows people to have their own opinion.
16 January 2012, 11:37,
Scythe,

There are so many things that can go wrong. The chances are they will all happen.

One the plus side the chances of it happening in our brief period of life is miniscule. The universe is working on a much larger timescale.

Doesn't mean it won't happen though.

As far as you planetary shift is concerned it is a possibility but it won't be a sudden switch it will be heralded by earthquakes, storms, etc. as the inertia of the earth resists the changes. Followed by the same as it settles down. Could take decades followed by a complete new global weather pattern.

We prep for everything that is survivable.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
17 January 2012, 11:34,
(16 January 2012, 11:37)Skean Dhude Wrote: One the plus side the chances of it happening in our brief period of life is miniscule. The universe is working on a much larger timescale.

Doesn't mean it won't happen though.

As far as you planetary shift is concerned it is a possibility but it won't be a sudden switch it will be heralded by earthquakes, storms, etc. as the inertia of the earth resists the changes. Followed by the same as it settles down. Could take decades followed by a complete new global weather pattern.

I think the chances of it happening in our lifetimes (not sure about you oldies though ;-p ) is pretty high. The San Andreas fault is overdue a big quake. There are a few volcano's that are also overdue. The polution levels are devastating the environment. The socio-economic situation, not just in the UK, but all over the world is teetering on a depression. The relgious-military-political views around Iran and the Gaza strip are also edging towards huge upheaval. The Iran situation could easily expand to a global issue.

I'm very certain, if not convinced, that something major will happen in my lifetime. Something that will shock and devastate the globe.
17 January 2012, 12:06,
Scythe,

That is different. I was referring to planetary issues, asteroids, magnetic shifts, gravity wells, etc.

Volcanoes are differnt. They blow all the time and don't cause issues for the planet. We are not on a major fault line n the UK. They aleviate the stress of the others and extend the time before thay blow. Again they work on hundreds of year cycles. Polution levels are not devastating the planet. That is a scam. We are not teetering on a depression we are in one and it is getting worse because of useless politicians.

The middle east though is less of a concern than you think. To us it is going to be more of a fuel issue and anything else that comes from there. Fruit, terrorists, refugees. Mmmm.

I'm with you that something is going to happen though. Thats why we are preparing.
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
17 January 2012, 12:23, (This post was last modified: 17 January 2012, 12:25 by Scythe13.)
(17 January 2012, 12:06)Skean Dhude Wrote: I was referring to planetary issues, asteroids, magnetic shifts, gravity wells, etc.

The middle east though is less of a concern than you think. To us it is going to be more of a fuel issue and anything else that comes from there. Fruit, terrorists, refugees. Mmmm.

I'm with you that something is going to happen though. Thats why we are preparing.

The Middle East concerns me because pretty much every 'holy book' says about a big war in the middle east. Being a Christian, I believe there is truth in what is written. So for me, the things in the middle east happening now, are the scripture coming true.....to me.
The metior stuff is going to happen at some point. I know the statistics of when it happens are low. But they have to happen in someone's lifetime.....haha.
17 January 2012, 14:14,
fair enough. It always has been a epicentre for trouble and war.
Skean Dhude