Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bristol Pub Meet
24 January 2012, 09:24,
RE: Bristol Pub Meet
Of course I can still make it.

(24 January 2012, 07:05)Reality Jones Wrote: Ok, well I've been informed that the other people who were coming may have been 'scared' off by talk on other forums.

Looks like the real preppers are showing their faces. The others are just flaking out.

WTSHTF, we will have a network and be able to support each other. If they want to go lone wolf, that's entirely up to them. I'm not saying the lone wolf way is wrong, but it certainly isn't right.

Pub meet at 8pm, it's still going to be awesome.

Hope to see as many of you there as possible.
24 January 2012, 10:45,
this is a common problem, people who say they will attend a meet or gathering and then either cry off or simply dont turn up, its nothing new and is a reoccuring problem, at least you will be able to find out who are the serious preppers in your area.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 January 2012, 11:40,
(24 January 2012, 10:45)bigpaul Wrote: at least you will be able to find out who are the serious preppers in your area.

This is one of the main reasons I want us to meet. It lets us know who we can count on WTSHTF.

If everything is fine and people are unreliable, to the point where they are not even able to meet at a pub, who knows what they will be like WTSHTF!!!

I'd much rather weed out those that will freak and flake if something bad happens.

Let's say we are in an urban environment and a 9/11 type tragedy occurs. I see 5 people trapped, 1 child, 2 women, and 2 men. I'm going to save the child first, then then women, then the men. Now lets say I recognise one of the guys. It's Reality Jones. He's a good guy and he is able to do first aid, or something. I'm going to check how he is first, because if he is okay, he will be able to get the other 4 people out with me. That would save much more time. Now, if one of those guys was a survivalist but never came to a meet and I didn't know them, they would be pulled out 4th or 5th just because I didn't know them or what use they would be in the situation.

Who's missing out on being saved as well as working in a team now?

Each and every to their own though.
9 February 2012, 21:38,
Not sure that was such a good scenario but we get the point.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
12 February 2012, 14:44,
Now then now then, coming to a meet does not necessarily mean you can or cannot count on anybody, I may or may not be able to attend, depends on finances see.
AND Bristols a long way so its upwards of £60 squids for me for fuel etc, hard to come by this day and age.
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
12 February 2012, 19:04,
(12 February 2012, 14:44)mikebratcher69 Wrote: Now then now then, coming to a meet does not necessarily mean you can or cannot count on anybody, I may or may not be able to attend, depends on finances see.
AND Bristols a long way so its upwards of £60 squids for me for fuel etc, hard to come by this day and age.

That's cool. We all understand that Mike.

Things happen, situations get in the way. It's all a part of life. But if someone never comes to a meet in Bristol, and they are from Bristol......alarm bell time. That's how I meant it.
12 February 2012, 19:17,
You had me in tears you really did.....I've been crying all day boo hoo...Tongue
"Some say the end is near, some say we will see Armageddon soon...
I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation from this silly shit."
12 February 2012, 19:53,
i would have liked to have met all the Bristol crowd but its too far and i dont like being in city centres at the best of times and especially not at night!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 February 2012, 20:20,
That's okay BP.

Some of us will be coming up for the Wilderness Gathering.
13 February 2012, 13:00,
thats good Scythe, hope we have better weather than last year-it piddled down!!Tongue