Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major Snow Storm Eastern US - now 75 cm here
23 January 2016, 17:41,
Major Snow Storm Eastern US - now 75 cm here
At 9am this am we had 50cm of snow accumulate overnight. As of 11 am we have 75 cm, and it is still coming down... I81 in West Virginia and Maryland are closed.

I'm listening to Big Crosby sing "let it snow, let it snow, let it snow" on the MP3 while watching reruns of Messiah V, "The Rapture" on the telly. As you know, there is no programming of redeeming social value on American TV, except perhaps Law & Order...

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
23 January 2016, 18:29,
RE: Major Snow Storm Eastern US - now 75 cm here
Redeeming social value? Is that why you watch TV. I watch it for pretty ladies and a half decent plot or half decent ladies and a decent plot but ideally pretty ladies and a decent plot.

That's why I avoid game shows, reality TV and documentaries. No plot and sometimes not even ladies.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
23 January 2016, 19:51,
Aye life has not been the same since Hattie Jakes passed....television took a steep drive......drop dead gorgeous she was R.I.P.
23 January 2016, 20:13,
As of 1300 hours now have a measured metre of snow, and it is still coming down.

73 de KE4SKY
In
USA
23 January 2016, 22:35,
If you notice Charles....Global Warming ....has now become Climate Change ....i have this vision of you knocking up a sled in your basement....just in case you need to bug out....obviously listening to Bing as you toil away....stay warm Charles !
24 January 2016, 01:06,
Actually I have a pulk sled and snowshoes, as well as cross-country skis. What I really need is a St. Bernard dog with a keg of Schnapps!

73 de KE4SKY
In
USA
24 January 2016, 01:34,
On its way ....right now Charles....sorry just scotch ....ran out of shcnapps.....MB had the last of it !
24 January 2016, 03:09,
If the whisky is malt and not blend, it will be gratefully accepted. West Indies dark rum is also fine, or French cognac if nothing better...

73 de KE4SKY
In
USA
24 January 2016, 14:00,
the death toll has now reached 19(according to British lunchtime news bulletin). no details of how and why just the totals. a complete travel ban is in operation.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.