Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On TV Wed BBc 9 PM Nuclear war scenario
31 January 2016, 16:50,
RE: On TV Wed BBc 9 PM Nuclear war scenario
Good article Charles, I see they suggest that deep penetration devices have limited applications and bigger is not always better, probably why that most nations have mainly air burst devices these days.

31 January 2016, 21:16,
The most frightening thing about the whole thing is how many politicians actually thing a nuclear war is winnable.

Sure we have more accurate weapons but we have had them for several decades now. It is the implication that because there will be less weapons flying around the total megatonnage will decrease and thus fallout will not be around for as long so therefore those fucks disappear into their bunkers and ride it out.

Personally if it does happen I want to go around all these bunkers and seal the fuckers in.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
1 February 2016, 08:02,
I am surprised that a decision not to use nukes in retaliation would be made, surely that's the whole point - your potential enemies must be sure that you WILL use them. IMHO people like Corbyn make nuclear war more likely.
4 February 2016, 00:07,
I enjoyed it very different from the run of the mill bbc fair , im still thinking it over now some hard answers to hard questions.
top stuff ... not joining cnd any time soon.
Survive the jive (youtube )
4 February 2016, 01:21,
If anyone missed it, (like I did) here's a link to the BBC iPlayer version:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b06...e-war-room