Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
EDC Design and Construction
16 January 2012, 13:45,
RE: EDC Design and Construction
(16 January 2012, 13:21)NorthernRaider Wrote: Question, with your water fetish would you not be better off with one of those very low profile water bladders you can wear like a rucksack but under your coat, I think about 4 litres of water is inly an inch or so thick by about 18 inches square?, Camelback inserts or something they are called. No more bulky bottles, hands free and bite operated feed pipe ?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywo...5pbpgs2a_b

This is my GHB.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Camelbak-Mule-Hy...42&sr=8-17
It's not got a huge amount of space, but I'm going to keep a large bumbag pouch thing to keep a change of clothes with it. I'm also going to attach a pair of trail running shoes to it, incase I'm in a suit with smart shoes that I can't run in.

Having a tube sticking out of my back would look weird. If anything is going to get noticed, it's a guy with a blue pastic straw sticking out his right shoulder.

I just look back at 9/11 and think what I would have wanted if I was there.
16 January 2012, 13:56,
(16 January 2012, 13:45)Scythe13 Wrote: This is my GHB.

Having a tube sticking out of my back would look weird.

This is my GHB.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Camelbak-Mule-Hy...42&sr=8-17

To big for me personally but if it works for you great Smile

Having a tube sticking out of my back would look weird.

Not as bad as a Pine Apple ? Smile

16 January 2012, 14:05,
You'd be amazed at how great a bag it is. It's got the water carrying capacity that you'd want if there were a few of you walking around 10 miles. Also it carries enough sweet food to keep your spirits up. AND has space for the ever needed for a couple of Sycthe Poncho Packs!!! Don't forget, FAK, and pouched essentials (torch and all that, same as about 1/2 the EDC)
16 January 2012, 15:10, (This post was last modified: 16 January 2012, 15:16 by NorthernRaider.)
I'll say the same thing as I said before Smile I have an EDC bag for venturing from home, but normal EDC goes in pockets and belts, its sopmething hammered into us in the army. Take any situiation you like and whatever circumstances you like, Forgetting the bag, dropping the bag, losing the bag, getting robbed etc, getting ambushed whilst taking a shit etc you name it, we are taught to keep the essentials on our persons or in our pockets so that if you are parted from your bag you still have the essentials to survive.

Shades on eyes, watch on wrist, compass on cord round neck, knife clipped to pocket, flashlight in pocket, , wallet, bandana, light stick, cellphone, paracord, water puri tabs, hand cleaning wipes, lighter, sharpy etc all in pockets Smile only stuff I can afford to lose goes in the EDC bag Smile
I did a review of my EDC bag a while ago but now i cant find it ?? Sorry.

16 January 2012, 20:46,
N.R. your worried about S 13 water fetish i would be more about his wanting to cut clothes off fetish.
16 January 2012, 20:51,
(16 January 2012, 20:46)uks Wrote: N.R. your worried about S 13 water fetish i would be more about his wanting to cut clothes off fetish.

HAHA, fair comment.

If there is a chemical attack or you get hazardous materials on your clothes, you don't want to pull them over your head. You'd be much better cutting them off.
16 January 2012, 20:56,
But have you got replacement clothes to put on with you?
16 January 2012, 22:14,
(16 January 2012, 20:51)Scythe13 Wrote:
(16 January 2012, 20:46)uks Wrote: N.R. your worried about S 13 water fetish i would be more about his wanting to cut clothes off fetish.

HAHA, fair comment.

If there is a chemical attack or you get hazardous materials on your clothes, you don't want to pull them over your head. You'd be much better cutting them off.

Why not just sprinkle yourself with a talc tub full of activated charcoal dust and fullers earth?

18 January 2012, 20:58,
Sorry for the super slow response. I didn't realise you had replied.

(16 January 2012, 20:56)uks Wrote: But have you got replacement clothes to put on with you?
I'd rather run out naked and chemical free, to be fair. But yes, I keep a change of clothes in the boot of my car, and another set in a pouch with by GHB, and another in my BOB.

(16 January 2012, 22:14)NorthernRaider Wrote: Why not just sprinkle yourself with a talc tub full of activated charcoal dust and fullers earth?
Because I would have to carry that around with me in my EDC, which would be 100 times weirder than carrying a bottle of water.
18 January 2012, 21:14,
Dont forget water frequently exacerbates the effects of chemical irritants, bio weapons and neurotoxins