Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Polytunnel make
31 March 2016, 09:18,
Polytunnel make
pretty self explanatory title.

http://www.overthegardengate.net/UserPag...nel&Page=1

I used the website to make my polytunnel and I've had it for the last 4 years. The only thing I purchased on it was the plastic sheeting, which for the size of Polytunnel I made, cost in the region of £100 - and it's a fair size polytunnel. The polytunnel will withstand gales and is a strong structure.

Invaluable space for growing - We grow our tomato's and chillies in there and turn the tomato's into a standard bolognaise sauce (along with the onions we grow on the allotment) and freeze them down into bags - this way we are almost self sufficient through to the next season.

The chillies we have excess of, we thread them onto a string and dry them off - we use these to barter and also we grind them down into coarse powder and store and use.
31 March 2016, 10:57,
RE: Polytunnel make
Neat, I'm hoping to try growing more this year, I can finally grow spuds, carrots, onions and tomatoes, if funds allow I may get a small greenhouse.

31 March 2016, 13:02,
RE: Polytunnel make
Moving my polytunnel and greenhouse within the next three months as soon as the drain and sewer pipes go in and passed off...John the farm has just left here....his polytunnel has arrived yesterday , wants a hand to put in up , so that's what's happening this coming Monday.....so i will have loads of horse manure of the well rotted kind and a huge tin of Welsh cakes......fair trade to me , well worth the gig.