Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
storm imogen
8 February 2016, 12:43,
storm imogen
whats it like round your way

here river severn and avon have burst their banks and the small streams that lead into them are now rivers local farm land is flooded in some places up tp 2ft deep .
no homes are flooded as far as I could see the new 08 flood defences have held out but theirs plenty of wind damage , fences , trees , branches , bins .

how you getting on.......
Survive the jive (youtube )
8 February 2016, 13:31,
RE: storm imogen
local road was closed ...floods...some high wind heavy showers and cold.
8 February 2016, 13:41,
My hair was ruffled it was so bar here. Pretty much sheltered atm.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
8 February 2016, 14:13,
We get storms like this all time, but Imogen does seem to have brought quite a lot of localised (but not widespread) damage in our area.

There are loads of trees down, fences down all over the place and over the weekend we had lots of localised flooding. I took the photo below on Saturday night when taking some friends out for a meal at a local country pub, you can see the fence posts which are about 3 foot tall, rapidly diving below the water level, and this wasn't still/standing water, it was a ranging torrent. Couldn't even see how wide it was, the car headlights didn't shine that far. By the way, the actual river was about 200 feet behind me when I took this photo, we had already crossed the old stone bridge and thought that the route was clear and then suddenly right in front of us, was a whole new river in addition to the original one which was also in flood!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

8 February 2016, 14:48,
a lot of standing water in my area, some of it quite deep.
heavy rain this morning, cloudburst at one time, heavy winds.
Taw bridge near Barnstaple has been closed to high sided vehicles and some ferry crossings have been cancelled.
we decided to cancel trip out today and go tomorrow instead.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.