New movie THE SURVIVALIST 2016
12 February 2016, 18:57,
New movie THE SURVIVALIST 2016
Very dark British movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH66dngiW0Y

12 February 2016, 20:56,
RE: New movie THE SURVIVALIST 2016
Can you get the full movie ?
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
12 February 2016, 21:22,
Think its just been released, i only saw the advert tonight on the BBC movie review show, set in northern ireland I think in a PA world thats not a barren wasteland but humanity appears to be almost extinct.

12 February 2016, 21:34,
Looks good NR cheers for the heads up
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
12 February 2016, 23:43,
Sounds like a BBC iteration of The Road...

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
13 February 2016, 10:12,
(12 February 2016, 21:22)NorthernRaider Wrote: I think in a PA world thats not a barren wasteland but humanity appears to be almost extinct.

now that my kind of place!!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
13 February 2016, 10:21,
I think a lot of us think the same way BP.
14 February 2016, 21:08,
Watching the trailer on YouTube, his hovel is not well hidden or fortified enough, no perimeter alarms, living alone without a supporting community for security, defence and division of labour and to care for each other, would gravely reduce chances for long term survival. A secure hide, concealed gardens some distance away, dogs, geese or Guinea fowl for alerting to intruders are basic. It appears to me from this short clip that the screen writers didn't adequately research the subject matter and merely created a fantasy survival tale for uneducated sheeple.

If the concept of a lone survivor who has been out there successfully, already for 7 years, he would be the invisible gray man, skilled evader and bushcraft expert as well as resourceful subsistence farmer and "hippy".

A more believeable premise would be a European version of Lt. Hiro Onoda, maybe a downed Russian pilot surviving in Britain after a limited nuclear war and being unable to get home. He finds the ruins of an old Auxiliary Units bunker, builds his hide, and roams to forage and survive, hoping to pass for a homeless legal immigrant rather than an enemy combatant....

They could do lots better. Once somebody has seen the entire film, I'd like to hear more, but the trailer seems hollow.

73 de KE4SKY
In
"Almost Heaven" West Virginia
USA
15 February 2016, 00:08,
available for preorder on amazon
release date 16 april
15 February 2016, 11:52,
I downloaded it on Saturday, its not a bad film...but not 'gripping' either. I will buy the blueray when its released.
ATB
Harry