Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Useful Twitter accounts to follow
14 February 2016, 10:31,
Useful Twitter accounts to follow
Hi,

Anybody here use Twitter? I was thinking of setting up an account and following two or three users which have good intel on potential SHTF events.

Nothing high volume I don't want to be sifting through hundreds of tweets everyday, just important stuff, you know, riots, war, impending asteroid collision, second coming of Christ etc.

Thanks
14 February 2016, 11:03,
RE: Useful Twitter accounts to follow
No never will either, nor facebook.
14 February 2016, 11:16,
(14 February 2016, 11:03)Tartar Horde Wrote: No never will either, nor facebook.

I don't use Facebook. I am not looking use Twitter to stay to date with the Kardasion's latest relationship news or Russel Brands musing on the state of our political economy, I believe it could be a useful tool for receiving realtime, useful information.
14 February 2016, 11:25,
I don't think twitter or FB will be the places to warn us of impending doom, more likely to be full of selfies and photos of "where I went today and who with" than anything useful.
better to stick to alternative non main stream news sources.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 February 2016, 12:14,
Absolutely BP.
14 February 2016, 12:29,
Guys with all due respect, most non-mainstream news sources have twitter accounts and you will know about anything they have to say far faster on twitter than from their websites.

There are journalist and reporters for these non-mainstream news sources as well as insiders tweeting news live long before it makes it to their websites.

Maybe you don't know how twitter works, so you "follow" the "profiles" of people or organisations you are interested in receiving "tweets" from. If you are interested in selfies then you "follow" the "profiles" of people who post selfies, if you are interested in information you "follow" the "profiles" of those who "tweet" information you are interested in you can live without fear of receiving selfie "tweets".

With that, clearly fallen in with the Luddites here so no point continuing this discussion.
14 February 2016, 14:05,
Don't take things to hart SN .....some may well find this very helpful ...but for antiques like me no ....sorry .
15 February 2016, 11:28,
I use face book all the time, you would'nt have clue from my page that I was a prepper, just another typical Joe all part of being the gray man. Tried twitter just couldn't get on with it, valid point from SN though follow the right people you get the right kind of tweet.
15 February 2016, 14:01,
I came off FB about 5 years ago, it was so utterly boring, never been on twitter.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 February 2016, 18:11,
Twitter could be of use to us but being infested by SJWs you may find you are being censored on there generally. Best having a close knit group set up.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin